18

You sat on your bed, laptop on lap and sipping the coffee Kurapika brought to you earlier. Though it was a bit cold now, it could easily be warmed up.

You were doing your research as planned before going out to investigate with Kurapika later. That would be the biggest part.

"Our man is Juvher?" You asked. Pika was at the little office desk that the hotel had in the room. Papers were scattered around the flat surface.

"Yes! That's him! Did you find something?"

"No. Not yet. Im just asking for accurate
answers. What have you found so far?"

Kurapika leaned back in the chair, tugging at his hair gently.

"Nothing yet. This man seems as if he keeps on the down low. I'm beginning to think he's like that for a reason. Hisoka gave us plenty of valuable information... but none of the files includes what Juvher's occupation is. I'm skeptical on this a bit." 

"Skeptical?"

"Yes. I don't fully trust Hisoka, so I'm not exactly sure if he would add everything to the lists or keep a lot of information out."

"But you said yourself that he gave you more information than necessary awhile ago. How could he leave anything out?"

"You're not aware of how tricky Hisoka is. He usually does things that'll entertain him."

"Then why did you choose him to work with instead of a reliable investigator?"

"We have a history with the Troupe. He told me truthful things back then, but now, I don't know what things he has up his sleeves."

Couldn't help but sigh, your eyes turned to Kurapika and gave him a look.

"This makes zero." You muttered. You took another sip of your coffee, then simply held the foam side against your lips.

Kurapika gathered all of his papers together and closed his laptop.

"I trust that you're putting faith in me, (Y/n)." Kurapika smirked.

"No no, I am." You returned, a cheeky grin on your face even though you and no idea at all what Kurapika was planning. Usually his organized and planned out ideas were good, but as of now, his ideas and thoughts were scattered all over the place. So disorganized for someone of his talents.

"Care to tell me why exactly your thought process is bouncing all around?" You giggled, the foam coffee cup still against your lips. The light maroon colored lipstick you applied
earlier pressed a light red stain against the white cup.

"They are not all over."

"Is that so?" Your eyes scanned around the pile of papers he was struggling to gather neatly in his hands. The papers all together were pretty thick.

Kurapika's eyes scanned down to the papers as well, and continued with an eye roll.

"Whatever. Let's go grab some lunch, and be on our way. I have a few people in mind to ask questions with." 

Your smile immediately widened. "Sure!" 
You hopped off of the bed quickly, standing up to stretch a bit.  "Let's go."

* * *

The two of you were at a small, and very cheap restaurant. Your tiny meals had really nice quality bread on the sides, which was unexpected as to how cheap the place was.

While you took a bite out of your sandwich, your eyes engaged in searching up answers on your laptop.

Good thing you had Wi-Fi access.

Kurapika did the exact same thing. He looked so stressed and into the research that no words were spoken between the two of you.

That is until Kurapika turned his laptop around to you.

"I found directions to the building that will be hosting that dinner occasion tonight. Hisoka recommended that we should seek Juhver out there."

"Yeah, you said we should probably leave early right?" You questioned.

"That's right. I'm thinking that we can question half of the individuals I have in mind tomorrow, and the other half this afternoon. There just isn't enough time to add them all up and then proceed to drop by that occasion."

"Sounds good. What time should we leave tomorrow then?"

"Let's go with eleven thirty. That way it'll be easier to find the people."