Chapter 2: Indecision

The train was accelerating away and I could see her disappearing in the distance. The rush of excitement was fading and I wondered if it was really her. I looked up the route map to see if I could switch back to Yokosuka from Zushi Station, I was still three stations away from the Apartment and this was already the last train.

I stare out the window and see that the snow was still falling, I could make a switch at Zushi but going home from Kamakura on foot in this weather was not a good proposition. I hurriedly fumbled for my wallet to see if I had enough money to take the taxi from Kamakura to Yokosuka, I did a quick mental calculation but my money came short. Kamakura to Yokosuka station was roughly 12 kilometers apart and I cringe at the thought of walking in this weather.

The PA system was announcing the familiar announcement informing the passengers that the train was pulling up at Zushi Station. The door chimes were ringing as the train came to a complete stop at Zushi Station.

I could see across the platform the train heading back from Zushi to Kamakura, I thought to myself, what have I got to lose? A couple of hours walking? Maybe she was still there but I would never know, I stood there staring at the opposite train as the door chimes signaled that the train was about to head out.

I tried to visualize her face if it was really her, I couldn't believe it was her. The blank space in between the station was almost a total blank, my personal bubble breached by the sound of the train moving along the rails and the muted tones of the highschoolers chatting, My music died along with my phone I was left alone with my thoughts. I can barely remember what her voice sounds like. I wasn't really sure it was her and I would never really know. 

***Author's Note***

The Story Revolves around the Yokosuka Line of the Japanese Railway system, For your easy reference I have included a map from JR,

Thank you for reading,