The Wedding (Part 2)

I gasped. My mouth opened, jaw-dropped. Eyes were wide open. I jolt over the word 'dad'. Are you kidding me? Your dad and my mom? So Kai will be my step brother within an hour? And I'm bringing him here as a date? How shameful if he comes out. He's uncle and aunts would be there. It would be a disgrace if he showed up since he wasn't invited nor informed by his relatives. I felt repitent for dragging him here. I could see from his eyes that he was morose and his mouth silent not wanting to open up. I guess he's really upset.

Without saying a word, I slowly shift my way towards the car door and head to the wedding. Before I could open the door, Kai grabbed me on the wrist tightly "Sunhee....come with me and run away now." he insisted. "Kai, as much as I want too, I can't. Its my family I'm dealing with. You can't let me choose." I begged. "Wow Sunhee, YOUR FAMILY?" he emphasized sarcastically. "How about MY FAMILY? My dad was the only family I had left until your mom took him away from me." the words slipped through his mouth. Guilty was seen in his eyes. His words made me feel like it stabbed me with a dagger.

I got so furious that I shot back at him "It's not my fault that my happiness brings you down." I know I sounded selfish, but I just had to get that out. He slowly let go of my wrist leaving a red mark and a bruise. "Maybe its just not meant to be then." he said while looking out of the window ignoring my face.

I was grieved of what I heard. My heart stinged and tears came streaming down my face. Without bidding a single goodbye, I went out of the car without him. I went straight to the toilet to primp up my looks and to not look miserable. I left Kai alone. I wasnt aware of his whereabouts. I was too inconsiderate about it at that moment.

The wedding ended smoothly. It was official that Jongsu and my mom are newlyweds. It made me sick to see them kiss because it reminds me of Kai and I. I felt disturbed during the whole wedding. My mind was not right. I was benumb the whole time. Everyone in the wedding looked so joyfull except me.

"Sunhee-ah, are you okay? You seem guttered? Are you still uncomfortable that I'm married again?" as mom sat next beside me as she was concerned about my behaviour that day. "I'm very happy for you, honestly. But theres something I need to tell you." as I leaned closer to her.

"Heres a cheer to the newly-wedded couples!" said a man with a big belly handing the whine glass to my mom and Jongsu. " May you guys live happily together forever, cheers!"

That smile I saw on my mom's face was curing to me. It felt over-whelming as I see her face smile. For the first time, she wasnt faking it. Her smile was real. Maybe Kai is right, me and him are just not meant to be.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

(WRITER'S POV)

Is Kai and Sunhee really are not mean to be together or will fate lead them somewhere?