Chapter 13

Yugyeom waited for Jungkook their whole class. He could not accept that Jeon Jungkook, his best friend, had missed class without telling him. He was too well-behaved to not show in class. It was so not him. Yugyeom looked at the clock hanging above the door. It was almost lunch break. He sighed, knowing he would not come.

The teacher called him a few times. Each time, Yugyeom messed up when the teacher asked him questions about his subject.

" Pay attention please." He saw some students giggling at his lack of attention.

When the bell for lunch break rang, he almost ran out of the class, but the teacher stopped him."

Can I speak to you Yugyeom?" Yugyeom looked down, exhaling deeply. He nodded and walk in front the desk, waiting for the teacher to get back to his place.

" I saw you fidgeting and not following what I was saying. Do you want to talk about it to me?" Yugyeom smiled to the teacher, shaking his head.

" Don't worry about Mr. Choi. I was just wondering why Jungkook wasn't present. I'm sure he is fine, I'm gonna find him during the break. Thanks for worrying about though." Mr. Choi nodded his head once.  Yugyeom exited the classroom, ready to find the missing guy.

He roamed for about five minutes without finding him. When he saw no result in his searches, he went see Jimin to get informations, something he did only when he was desperate. He had seen the two talking together a couple of times in the last few weeks. He would be lying if he'd say that he was not jealous when he saw them together. At the same time, he felt hypocritical feeling envious when he knew he had ditched Jungkook for a whole month.

He took a deep breath and approached Jimin with what he thought was a bitch face on his visage. Jimin was talking with Yoongi, hugging him like a koala, something totally not unusual. Yugyeom touched his shoulder. Jimin looked at him, resting his head on Yoongi's shoulder. The green-haired guy wrapped his arm around Jimin's waist, sending a dark glare at Yugyeom.

"Hello babe. What can I do for you?"

Yugyeom cringed internally at the pet name. He shrugged it on the side to ask his question. It was not the time to piss of Jimin, even less with Yoongi around. 

"Do you know where is Jungkook? He was not in class this morning."

Jimin looked up, looking like he was thinking deeply about the answer he was about to say.  

" Nope. Sorry I don't know where he is. Do you know where Taehyung is? He didn't show up this morning too. Do you think they're together? Like, like a couple?" Asked Jimin, smirking at Yugyeom. Doubt fogged up  Yugyeom's mind. He didn't want to believe Jimin's words, but the coincidence of the two missing at the same time matched. Jimin smirked even more at the growing fear appearing on Yugyeom's face.

He did not know if Taehyung was gay, but it wasn't unknown that he liked to play with people's feelings, especially with the girls. Yugyeom prayed that Taehyung would not play with his best friend.

Jungkook was more than just a boy to Yugyeom, he was his whole life. He was his second family, his friend, his brother, his everything. Yugyeom told him the first when he knew he was gay. He didn't judge him. Yugyeom was only eleven when he realized he was. It came as shock for him and his family. In elementary school, every people he saw looking at him had disgust look on their face. Jungkook protected him when Yugyeom got bullied for his sexuality. Now, they barely talk to each other in classes and in the hallways.It was as if they were strangers.

He went outside to take a bit of fresh air. Yugyeom called Jungkook tenth times and messaged him for five minutes. He did not respond. Yugyeom sat on the ground, his back resting on the wall behind him. He thought that, maybe, Jungkook was happier in Taehyung's company and not enough with his anymore.

He put his right hand on his chest where his heart was and squeezed it lightly. His heart ached. It felt like it had been ripped apart. Yugyeom cried during lunch time. He was lifeless by the time the tears wouldn't come out of his eyes. The person he trusted the most was not at his side to comfort him and tell him everything would go well. Between two hiccups, he heard a voice from the corner of the building. "I swear! I saw him turning here an hour ago Youngjae!"

' Kunpimook,' he thought. The worst person to have in these kind of situations. He had the habit of not being serious enough and to say the wrong stuff, making the situation even worse than it was already.

The duo saw him. He was still sitting on the the ground, but now with puffy eyes and dried tears on his cheeks. They ran to him, circling him. Youngjae took Yugyeom's cheeks in his hands, making him looked at the black-haired guy. Kunpimook wrapped an arm around his shoulder, resting the side of his head on Yugyeom's head. He rubbed their two heads together, like a cat would do.

"What's the problem Yugyeom? Is it Jimin's fault again? I can beat him if you want." Despite his pitiful appearance, Yugyeom smiled to Youngjae.

"Nothing's wrong Youngjae. Let's go to the class or we'll be late."

" I know you did not eat. I can't let you go in class with an empty stomach Yug!" Youngjae stretched out his hand to help his friend get up his feet. Yugyeom took it, going up on his feet so fast he bumped in Youngjae's chest.

" I'm sorry Young!"

" It's okay man, it happens."

The three of them got back in class, without letting Yugyeom not eat a little something from Youngjae's school bag.

___________________________

Word count: 1002 words

Edit on: April 4th, 2020