| 16 |

I sighed as I tried to think of a way to get home. Maybe Sophia could drive me. I really need to get my own car. I could try to walk. No my Mom would kill me. What if Jack notices that I'm not there waiting for him to drive me? I mean his football season is over with now. No more practices to save my ass.

I buried my face in my hands. Ellie was so terrible. I'm going to miss Jack incredibly. Both of them are asses but Jack's a loveable ass. I groaned quietly, making sure the teacher didn't hear me. I wasn't paying attention at all. Stupid Ellie drama.

I shook my head gently and focused full attention on the teacher that was at the front of the class. The teacher called time and dismissed us from class. I slowly rose from my chair and tried to ignore my thoughts as I grabbed my binders from my desk. As I was walking towards the door the teacher stopped me and called me to his desk.

"Are you okay? You seemed distracted for the first half of my class," he raised an eyebrow at me, concern written on his features.

"I'm fine. I was just trying to figure out who to ask to drive me home," I rubbed my arm. "It's just something stupid. I'm definitely fine."

"Doesn't Jack usually drive you?" he crossed his arms.

"Well yeah but his girlfriend doesn't want him to drive me home. She told me and I'm almost positive that Jack doesn't know. I'll just get Sophia to drive me," I was hoping this conversation would come to an end. I shouldn't be sharing as much to a teacher. But he somehow knew who were associated with me.

"Okay. If you need anything like a ride home you can just come to me, okay?" he asked. I was now high on alert. I tried not to show him with a smile.

"Okay. Thank you, sir."

"No problem. Here's a note for your next class," he started to scribble on a sticky note.

"I should be fine, it's just PE."

"If you say so," he balled the sticky note up and threw it into his small trash can beside his desk. I turned around and walked out of his classroom.

I made my way to my locker and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I texted Sophia a quick question of if she can drive me home.

Me - Can you drive me home?

I realized I had PE with her after I sent the message. I facepalmed and slipped my phone back into my pocket. I continued to my locker and looked up just as I entered the hallway my locker was on. My eyes widened at the sight of Jack standing beside my locker. I slipped back onto the hallway I walked out of. I got my phone out of my pocket and started to text Jack.

Me - I can't talk to you. Please get away from my locker.

I winced at how harsh it sounded. He had PE with me too. Oh shit Ellie did too. Well damn I'm screwed. I peeked around the corner to see Jack was gone. I sighed in relief.

"Why were you texting Jack?" Ellie grabbed my phone from my hand. I watched as her eyes skimmed over the text. "Oh. Good girl."

I nodded and held my hand out for my phone. She gently placed it into my palm. She gave me a soft smile that scared me honestly. I turned and walked to my locker quickly so I could get to PE without being in trouble. I opened my locker quickly and slipped my binders into their spots. I closed my locker and locked it back.

I turned around only to be greeted by a chest. My eyes  slowly trailed up the chest to be met with the freckled face of the one person I couldn't talk to. My breath hitched in my throat and I felt the color drain from my face.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" I heard Jack's confused voice. I felt tears prick my eyes.

I backed away from him silently. I dodged his hand and walked down the hallway with a quick pace. I heard his footsteps behind me.