Collab 1: Game of Thrones Contest [Closed]

The Game of Thrones Contest is hosted by:

Action

Adventure

Fanfic

HighFantasy (Yes that's us!)

HistoricalFiction

Magic

WattPunk

WattZombie

Prompt:

Winter is coming, and a war is looming. Who will claim the Iron Throne? Choose the house you fight for and write us an action-packed story of dragons, white walkers, magical elements, brave warriors, and vengeful high borns as they scheme and prepare for battle.

Start date: 15 Jan 2018

End date: 28 Feb 2018 (midnight EST)

Word count: 3k min and 8k max

Guidelines:

1) All entries must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

2) All mature entries must be rated accordingly, please refer to the content guidelines.

3) English stories only.

4) How to publish: Must be a new short story, posted as a separate publication here on Wattpad (not in an existing work or collection).

5) One entry per user.

6) Original characters are allowed but do incorporate elements of the fandom into your story.

7) Add the tag #GoTContest to your story.

Submissions:

Share the link to your story in the comments, so others can enjoy it too.

Please note, only stories submitted via this SUBMISSION FORM will be considered for the reading list.

Submissions close on 28 Feb 2018 (midnight EST)

Rewards:

All our favourite stories will be added to a dedicated reading list. We like to uphold a certain standard of quality, so be sure to pay attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

All the stories that make it into our reading list will receive a sticker for their story cover along with a big shout out across all participating profiles.

FAQ:

Can I submit a co-written story with a friend?

Yes, but if you choose to publish the story on both your profiles please be aware that we can only add one story to our respective reading lists, not both.

Does it have to be Fanfic?

Yes, you are writing a prompt for a fandom and using elements of this fandom in your story. But pay attention to the prompt, and the profiles involved should guide any additional genres and tags.

Can I write mature works? 

Of course. As long as your story content abides by Wattpad's Content Guidelines, Mature fiction may be entered.

Do I have to use characters/themes from the fandom? 

Yes. While we're excited to see what original characters you can come up with, we're looking for characters and themes present in the mainstream Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire franchise. You're welcome to include characters/themes from spin-off games/books if they're important to the storyline.

Can it be over 8k?

No, part of this contest's challenge is to write an engaging and unique short story within the word counts given. If you find yourself well over 8k, consider removing paragraphs/sentences that are filler material and don't advance the storyline or develop characters.

How will our stories be judged?

Stories are judged on various factors, such as written quality (spelling, punctuation, and grammar), originality, and engagement (how much we enjoyed the read). If you're unsure, ask a friend to read your story for you before you submit it to us. They may be able to spot any errors and give helpful feedback.

No first, second or third place winners will be identified. Our favourite stories will be added to the reading lists, those added are our winners.

When will the results be announced?

If all goes well by mid-March.