Chapter 4

"You have got to be kidding me."

Sakura stared incredulously at Sasuke's smirking face. "Are you freaking serious? Because I'm about to cut someone if you are," she snarled.

Riddle her this.

How would one deal with their ex-husband showing up at her bakery's doorstep, sleeping over at her house, eating breakfast with her, only for her to find out that he was applying to work with her.

No, scratch that.

He was going to work for her.

"Sakura, honey," Mebuki took her arm and led her to her bedroom. The room was beautifully yet simply decorated; a small bed and a table to the side, with a plant growing near the quite large window and a lamp settled next to the table. "What is with your behavior today? You've been incredibly rude!"

"Mom, you don't understand," Sakura pleaded. "I can't work with him. He's an ass! You honestly don't remember him?" Mebuki firmly shook her head. "I do not, and I am done with your nonsense. You're a pregnant lady, Sakura, and these young, capable men are offering to work at our bakery."

"Exactly! Mom, please," Sakura begged. "Anyone but him. Them. I promise you when I say that you do not want them around."

Mebuki sighed, then started to stroke Sakura's stomach, smiling sadly at the little bulge of a soon-to-be baby. "Sakura, you know of all people that we're stuck in a rut. We're barely getting by these days. We're the only workers there, for goodness' sake. They seem like nice people."

"Not everything is what it seems," Sakura muttered. "He's clearly rich. There's absolutely no reason for him to work in our dump of a store."

Mebuki stood up, just as stubborn as her daughter. "You may run the store, Sakura, but your father and I own it. We're hiring them."

She turned around and closed the door.

-

-

-

"No, no, no."

Frustrated, Sakura ran her fingers through her hair as she glowered at Sasuke. "How do you not know how to make coffee?!" she growled. Sasuke had a small smirk playing on his lips. "Excuse me for being uninformed. Aren't you my employer? It's your responsibility, isn't it?"

"That doesn't mean that you should take advantage of this situation, you moron! Asshole!"

"Oh-h-h, bad words, Sakura-chan. So are you going to teach me how to make coffee, or not?" Sasuke said cockily.

Sakura flung the handwritten order in his face. "Do it yourself!"

Chuckling, Sasuke turned away to shake the ground coffee into the pot. "Feisty as ever."

"So you could make coffee all this time after all," Sakura grumbled as she wiped the counter. "Jackass." Sakura could hear Naruto chuckling. "He wasn't always like this, y'know."

"You're wrong, I don't know. And even if he wasn't always like this, what does it matter to me? I didn't know him before or after I lost my memories," Sakura muttered as she pasted on a smile for the next customer. "Hello, what would you like?"

"Blueberry scone."

"Coming right up."

Naruto sighed. "Tell me, Sakura. Do you really like being here, all alone? You and Sasuke seemed to get along fine when you two went to your trip, from what I've heard."

"That was an illusion. He didn't care for me. He cared for my past self. It's because he couldn't take the new me that he tried everything to get the old Sakura back- and it was about time that I'd had enough of it. I don't regret it either," she added, as she slid the scone into the oven. "I'll be perfectly happy with me and my daughter."