Chapter 23:

Tommy pulled me further and further away from the wedding. We walked across the Lee's fields as the sun began to set in the background, the sky coloured by different shades of pink and orange.

Tommy stopped us and turned to me. He dug into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a blindfold. He nodded, handing it to me.

'Put it on'

I raised an eyebrow.

'Is all this really necessary?'

He rolled his eyes playfully and smirked.

'Just stop being a stubborn arse and put it on'

I nodded and did as he said, tying the blindfold around the back of my head.

Tommy walked behind me and placed his hands on my hips, slowly guiding us in the direction of where ever we were going.

I placed my hands on top of his steading myself as we walked across the lumpy fields.

'You better no let me fall'

I heard a low chuckle erupt from his lips as his hold on my hips tightened.

'Don't tempt me Jones'

I grinned as we continued to stumble our way across the grounds. We must have walked for another 5 minutes until Tommy halted us to a stop. I could hear faint rustling and the sound of light breathing as Tommy removed his hands from my hips.

'I said I was gonna take you out..' Tommy began as I slowly undid my blindfold. It took a minute for my eyes to adjust but when they did I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my lips.

Infront of us stood two horses, dressed and saddled up to go. I grinned making my way over to them, slowly brushing the nose of the one closest to me.

Tommy smiled watching me intently.

'I thought we could ride them'

I grinned and ran over to him, wrapping my arms around his tall frame.

'I'd love too' I stood on my tip toes and pecked him lightly on the lips. 'Thank you. This was a really sweet surprise'

He smirked deepening the kiss, caressing my cheek gently with his palm. I pulled out the embrace, my cheeks slightly flustered, and made my way over to one of the horses.

I smirked turning to Tommy, kicking off my heels.

'Wanna race?'

He chuckled pulling on the reigns of the other horse.

'Only if you're ready to lose'

I raised my eyebrows and placed my foot into one of the stirrups, pulling my-self onto the horse.

'Cockiness isn't a good colour on you Mr Shelby'

He smirked climbing onto his saddle, making his horse trot over to me.

'You think you can beat me?

I grinned and nodded, holding the reins tight in my hands.

'Oh I know I can'

He smirked and motioned in the direction of the field in front of us.

'First one to reach that lake over there wins'

I nodded as we both guided our horses into positions, the competitiveness side to both our personalities getting the best of both of us.

'On the count of the 3' I said smirking in Tommy's direction.