Chapter 16: Surpise Party

~Stiles PoV~

We've learned a little bit about the new alpha, but we haven't learned much.
But today is Scott's birthday. And I have planned a surprise party. Everyone is here, except for Derek, he's distracting Scott until we are ready. Which we are, so I sent Derek a text to let him know to head back.

"Everyone hide, they are about 5 minutes away." I said.

Everyone hid, and we waited.
Scott walked through the door two minutes later.

"SURPRISE!" We all yelled.

~Danny PoV~

Hugs were exchanged and thank you's were said, but I couldn't really take my eyes away from Jack. He was sitting in a corner, alone, as everyone else held separate conversations.
Jack got up and went outside. I watched him from the window, and he stopped at the edge of the pool. Then he leaned forward, and fell in.

~Jack PoV~

I couldn't do it, I couldn't just stay in the house anymore. No one really paid attention to me, and I just felt out of place. Birthdays were never my thing anyway, so I jumped in the pool to give myself an excuse to leave.
But Danny had other plans. He pulled me up, and out of the pool, shaking his head and freaking out.

"Danny, what do you want?" I asked, kinda annoyed.

"Well, Derek is over there, and I am over here. Derek has a soft spot for you, and so do I." Danny started.

"So what does this have to do with me jumping in the pool?" I asked.

"Hang out with the two of us, you won't feel as out of place." Danny said.

"I just want to leave. Birthdays aren't my thing. I just want to go home and go to bed." I said, heading to the back gate.

I felt someone grab my arm and pull me back.

"No, you are gonna stay and have fun!" A deep voice said.

It was Derek.
He and Danny dragged me back into the house, still wet. I stood in the middle of the room, just waiting, still not wanting to be there. Not even for Derek. Or Danny for that matter.
It sucks, to be stuck at a half assed surprise party, soaking wet and cold, After your plan to leave was ruined.

-12:30 a.m.-

People were drinking, gradually at first, but soon enough everyone was drunk off their asses, all except Danny, and Derek. I just sat there, I was in dry clothes now, and I just decided to leave, go home.
I got up and went to the front door, not being stopped by anyone. I opened the door and left. I made it halfway to my house when I got a text from Danny.

Danny: where are you?

I ignored it and walked through my front door. I shut and locked the door behind me and went upstairs and into the shower.
When I got out of the shower, I dried off and put my pajamas on, and crawled into my bed, sighing a bit, closing my eyes, and drifting off to sleep.

-3:00 a.m.-

I woke up feeling eyes on me. I looked around the room and saw the silhouettes of two guys.

"Why are you two in my room?" I asked.

"We just had to make sure you were okay. You didn't answer my text." Danny replied.

"Well get out. I just want to sleep." I said, closing my eyes again.

"Okay." Derek whispered.

I was out so fast that I couldn't hear if they left or not.
But I didn't really care.