8

Jordan was scanning through her locker for her bio textbook when she unexpectedly felt a force slam into her body, making her stumble forward.

"I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was going," The petite brunette, who was on the ground rubbing her back, exclaimed staring, up at Jordan.

"It's okay. Are you new? I'm not sure if I've seen you around the school," Jordan inquired, reaching her hand out to help her up.

Now that she was looking at her, she did look familiar.

"No, I keep to myself. I'm Caroline."

"I'm Jordan. Do you by any chance have Mr. Mullin's class?"

Caroline's face lit up at the. With a smile, she answered, "Yeah."

"We have the same class together."

"Would you like to walk to class with me?" she asked hopefully.

Jordan nodded with a small grin, "That would be great."

Closing her locker and turning towards Caroline, the pair started moving. They talked about a lot of things as though they'd known each other for years. It turns out they have a lot in common. Both were part Italian, loved music, and coincidently had all the same classes.

Strolling through the opened door into the half-full class, Jordan noticed the teacher wasn't sitting at his desk. Instead, it was an older woman. Shuffling over to her seat, Caroline followed suit and sat next to her.

"So Caroline, you got anyone special in your life?" Jordan asked, pushing her lips into a pout.

"Sadly, no."

Sluggishly making his way through the door, Ares entered the room.

He moved to an empty seat in the back of Jordan's row. When she glanced back, her eyes met his. A smirk grew on his lips while her cheeks heated up.

"You two go something going on?"

Caroline's voice grabbed Jordan's attention. She found herself flustered at the question," With Ares? Nn-o," She stuttered quietly.

"So you don't mind if I asked him out?"

Her eyes immediately snapped to her new best friend with jealousy. She didn't favor the idea of him with someone else," What?! No, you can't do that."

Jordan was confused when Caroline suddenly started laughing.

"Girl, I'm kidding. Anyone can see something is going on between the two of you."

As the bell rang a tall boy strolled in. He walked to the back of the room, sat next to Ares, and smiled. Jordan snickered at Caroline's parted lips and staring eyes. Hazel eyes, dreads tied up, skin the color of dark chocolate. He was handsome, Jordan admitted, however, she had her sights on someone else.

"Who is that?"

"Monty. He's best friends with Ares, and as I can see, your new crush."

A sea of red crept onto her pale cheeks and neck. She pushed her face into her hands, smiling, "Oh shush."

"Listen up, you young people with predictable futures," The sub spoke loudly, grabbing everyone's attention, " I don't care what you do as long as you don't have sex and don't wake me up."

Putting in a pair of bright orange earplugs, she laid her head down, and shortly after, snores could be heard. All the kids ran out of calls leaving Monty, Ares, Caroline, and Jordan to themselves.

The guys were talking in the back when an idea came to Jordan's mind, "You said you love to sing and dance, right?"

"Yea, why?"