Chapter twenty-six END

*Zacky*

If I knew Amber like I thought I did, I knew exactly where she would be. The Whiskey Sour. A bar on the strip. It’s actually where we met about five years ago. When I pulled up to the bar’s parking lot, I wasn’t really expecting to find her. I was trying to think that maybe she had actually gone clean. But when I saw her sitting at the bar, I knew I was right all along. She didn’t change, and she never would.

I took a deep breath and walked over and sat down beside her. I looked at her glass and saw a clear, fizzy liquid in it.

“It’s sprite.” She said quietly.

I just shrugged and rested my arms on the bar.

“Why did you come here?” She asked me.

“We need to talk, and I knew I’d find you here.” I told her.

She nodded and put some money on the bar and we got up and started walking. We got about a block from the bar when she sighed and stopped on a bench.

“So how long have you been seeing her?” She asked me.

“Not long. It just kinda happened.” I said.

Which was true, I never actually thought Kyle and I would end up together.

“I see. She’s pretty.” Amber said.

I could tell it was killing her. She knew as well as I did Kyle wasn’t just pretty. She was drop dead gorgeous.

“Look Amber,  we need to talk about us. When you went to jail, I realized that it wasn’t going to work out between us. We’re just too different.” I said.

I could see tears welling up in her eyes.

“But I’m sober now Zacky. Maybe we would work out now.” She said quietly.

I sighed and shook my head.

“No we can’t. The only thing we had in common was partying. You just took it to extremes. I know you can’t handle it when I go on tour either and I just can’t deal with you wrecking my car every time I’m gone.” I told her.

She sighed in frustration and crossed her arms.

“Oh my God Zacky will you ever let that go? I was a totally different person then!” She shouted at me.

I rolled my eyes.

“Amber, it hasn’t even been a year yet. You haven’t been sober a whole year yet and you think you’ve suddenly become a different person? I’m sorry but I can’t just come running back to you. You broke my heart Amber when you got arrested. I’m not going to go through that again and besides, I am in love with Kyle.” I said.

Amber looked at me with hate filled eyes. She chewed on her bottom lip then stood up.

“Fine Zacky you know what, fuck you. I did all of this for you thinking that when I got out things would just go back to normal. That we would be together and everything would be okay. But fuck it. I’m gonna go get drunk.” She said as she shoved passed me.

I grabbed her arm and spun her around.

“Don’t be stupid Amber. Don’t throw your sobriety away over something like this or you’ll just end up back in jail.” I told her.

She laughed darkly and yanked her arm away.

“What do you care? You don’t love me anymore anyway. I’ll do whatever the hell I want to Zack Baker and you can’t say a thing about it.” She said with acid dripping from her words.

I shook my head and watched her stomp back to the bar. I groaned and walked back to my car and drove home. It was about 1:30 when I got there. I saw that the kitchen light was on and I braced myself for a fight with Kyle.

Sure enough, she was sitting at the bar looking out at the pool when I walked in. She didn’t even flinch when I shut the door. I could feel her anger as I got closer to her. She sensed me near and she stood up and opened her mouth to start yelling but before she could utter a word, I grabbed the sides of her face and kissed her hard.

She was shocked and tried to resist at first, but then she melted into it and she put her arms around my neck. We kissed for a while and then I pulled away.

“I love you. With my whole heart and I’m not about to give you up for anything.” I told her slowly.

She sighed and hugged me tightly.

“Good, because I love you too much to lose you.” She whispered into my ear.

I smiled and hugged her back. I lifted her up and carried her back to our bedroom and laid her on the bed.

“So, did you find her?” She asked me.

I nodded and pulled my shirt off.

“Yeah, we talked and I told her I was in love with you and that I didn’t want anything to do with her.” I told her.

Kyle gave me a wicked smile and crawled over to me and started unzipping my pants.

“Oh? What did she do?” She asked as she slid them down my legs.

“She decided to go get drunk.” I told her.

Kyle let out a laugh then pulled me onto the bed.

“Well then, I think we should celebrate don’t you?” She asked as she crawled on top of me.

I grinned and pulled her night shirt, which was one of my old shirts, over her head.

“Yeah I think that’s a good idea.” I said as I reached over and turned out the light.

After our ‘celebration’ I couldn’t sleep. I just watched Kyle all curled up against me sleeping. She looked more beautiful than anyone I’d ever seen. I realized at the moment that I truly did love her. She was everything I ever wanted and needed in a woman. She was an amazing person and mother to Troy and she was the best lover I’ve ever had. I also realized that she was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I think when we met at the strip club, we were exactly what each other needed. She needed someone to just be there for her and I needed someone to listen. And that’s exactly what we did for each other.

I smiled to myself and kissed her forehead. She smiled in her sleep and put her arms tighter around me.

“I love you baby, with my whole heart, forever.” I whispered to her.

“I love you too.” She mumbled sleepily back to me.

I kissed her again and settled into a nice sleep filled with dreams about my future with the love of my life.

~Thank you so much to everyone that read this! I hope that you all enjoyed it! Feedback would be great!! Thank you again, it means so much to me <3~