03: Date

03: Date (edited)

Matapos nila akong parangalan, they already set me free. I immediately ran down the stage to Seth.

"Let's walk?" he asked.

I just nodded at him and we started to walk at the nearby place we were supposed to meet up. The restaurant I'm working for is there, too. The place has dancing fountain, then benches and bleachers for people and tourists. There's also a mini playground for the children.

The place is very peaceful because it's surrounded by trees and it's not too close to the city proper.

Nang makarating kami, umupo muna kami saglit sa isang bench. We spoke nothing but silence. It was a comfortable silence, though.

I was watching the surroundings when I noticed Seth turned to me. Agad naman akong napalingon sa kanya pabalik and raised my eyebrows. It was as if he was going to say something.

"I was just wondering..." he started.

What's he gonna say? my mind bugged.

As curiosity crept within me, I asked. "Wondering about what?"

"Us."

I was stilled for a while when he answered and then I took deep breaths and took a look at him once more. It's like, why is he wondering about us? Nagsisi ba siya dati? Is he going to wish to turn things back the way it used to be?

...but isn't he the one who broke things off between us? He could've just assured himself first before deciding such things, because I always thought about how relationships are important—platonic or romantic; how relationships are 'sacred.'

Relationships shouldn't be broken in a snap and then you could get it back the way you threw it away. It doesn't go like that. Parang friendship lang 'yan, hindi mo pwedeng gawing joke ang 'friendship over' o FO. Kasi once you told your friend that your relationship is over, it's over, girl. It's over. You can't build up the way you founded it from the start.

Things will change, basically speaking.

My pessimism and positivity was battling in my mind already. Akala ko'y may sasabihin pa siya tungkol sa 'ming dalawa pero wala na pala.

Was I hoping for a second chance; a second shot for us?

Obviously, you did.

Seth immediately changed the mood of our atmosphere. I guess, we're not both ready to speak about our past yet.

The awkwardness between the two of us has been rubbed off swiftly nang dumating si Ate Rue, Seth's older sister.

"I can't believe you're dating together. Again! So sad for me. Napadpad ako in such romantic places like this while I'm alone," she tsked.

"We're not dating po," I answered. Tumawa muna ako saglit, at saka uli nagsalita. "Pati bakit ka nga po pala mag-isa? I thought you have a boyfriend po?"

"Cool off," Ate Rue shrugged. "Medyo nagkatampuhan e." Her voice lowered a bit and I can sense she's sad about it.

"Masyadong mababaw kasi ang pinag-aawayan palagi," pagsingit naman ni Seth sa usapan.

"Hindi kaya!" Ate defensed.

They're so cute! I suddenly remembered nung napagkamalan kong couple sila dahil sobrang close nila, grabe. Ate Rue intentionally got closer to Seth para asarin ako and to test me if I had the guts to shoo her away and let jealousy take over. Medyo mahaba naman ang pasensya ko nun, and luckily, hindi ako pinagtarayan ni Ate Rue.