| | Chapter 41 | |

Hey guys, so I posted The Uni Gang 2! Go check it out! two more chapters for this one and then Imma start updating on that book. College is being a right pain in my fabulous ass! But I secretly write updates in class when I get bored So Jace can update them for me :)!

A brother was some one who was supposed to protect and care for you, espicially an older one. Some one who was supposed to teach you right from wrong. Not some one who doesn't even tell you he's your brother, gets a job at your university, kidnaps your best friend and then sexually abuses him. That was not a brother. But sadly for Niall, this seemed to be his pathetic excuse for a brother. Well, at least it was until Kevin penetrated his chest with bullets. But all was well.

Gently, Liam ran his lean fingers through the soft wisps of Niall's purple locks that desperatley needed their roots re-doing. but niall's hair was the least of their worries. Liam was usually good in any situation which involved cheering some one up, but with this one he was not. He silently raked his mind for something to say to Niall, but he came up with no words that would ease the pain. So he lay there. With Niall in his arms. And his fingers in his hair.

Never before had Niall examined each intricate detail of Liam's room, but it seemed like the perfect time. Niall had never noticed Liam's huge collection of leather bound books from litertary authors that were all but aliens to him, or how everthing had a homely feel to it, from the urban coloured bean bags to the family pictures hung on the walls.Liam's room was perfect. Liam was perfect. And Niall couldn't ask for anything more. He knew at that moment: that The Uni Gang would always be together, through thick and thin. Through every heart break and every war, they would stand hand in hand. Life seemed to be an on-going war for them. And though they may have lost the battle, they would not lose the war.

A deep grey bubble of intense thoughts and distraught emotions enveloped the two living spaces that were side by side. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale; the only thing Harry could seem to focus on. As crystal blue merged with a sombre green, nothing was hidden. no thoughts, no emotions, no pain. 

"One day baby, I'll take you far away from here. I promise I'll always protect you." The words left Louis' soft lips in an almost inaudible whisper as he stared deeply into Harry's green orbes. Harry simply nodded, he had not said a word since the moment the pair woke up. But that was okay. Louis didn't press him to talk, he didn't think he had the right to.

Gently Louis brang his hand to Harry's face and gently carressed his cheek. Harry let a single tear roll down his cheek as he kept eye contact with Louis, the latter brushed the saltly tear away with the pad of his thumb as he gently kissed Harry's forehead. " i think we should all just get away from here; me, you, Liam, niall, Mia, zayn, Perrie. just pack our bags and go far away..." Louis whispered gently, catiously pulling Harry closer by his hips.

Immediatley, harry nuzzled into Louis' side. He knew that was somewhere he was always welcome, somehwere he felt safe, somewhere he could be him. Right in Louis' arms, it was where he belonged.

"C-can we Louis? Run off, I'm sure there's somewhere we c-could go... Prtsmouth maybe? I-I heard it's a nice place. Plus Mia has a friend there..Sammi, I tink it is." Harry explainedto Louis as Louis listened intently and rubbed the small of Harry's back in a soothing manner. " Of course baby, I'll talk to the others and see what I can do."

" I was meant to tell you sooner but I just...I just couldn't, I'm sorry babe." Perrie whispered to Zayn, who was laying on his side facing te purple wall, away from Perrie. A small, single sniffle left zayn as he shook his head, hanging her head in shame, Perrie left without a goodbye.

When Zayn knew she was most surely gone, he reached under his white pillow that had the batman design on it and pulled out a small black velvet box. Fresh, salty tears cascaded from Zayn's hazel but eyes as he flipped the lid open. Inside lay a silver band with one huge crystal with two small ones either side of it. This indeed was an engagment ring Zayn had bought secretly to suprise Perrie. But all his dreams had been crushed in  mere hours. Love hurts. And they all had to learn that the hard way.

\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

In the evening Zayn walked down to a slope over looking the freeway, climbed down to an old sturdy tree, and sat on it. It was just past twilight. the evening was warm.  Car headligts cut through the dusk in long yellow daisy chains. As Zayn watched various cars roll down the road, he acknowledged the faint footsteps behind him.  But he did not care. What was the point in caring? It only broought pain and heart break.

Zayn was suprised when a familiear yet strange face appeared infront of his. Her face was dead pale except for the the spots of dark, bloody colour flaring in each cheek and her blue eyes, which looked as dark as the Atlantic storm clouds. Zayn looked at her blankly. It was Mia.But she was not the same as she was the last time he had saw her: her once purple locks cascaded down her back in glossy black curls, her once hazel-nut eyes were a shocking blue (contacts) and her skin was pale from running.

"Zayn..." She breathed, batting her thick lashes as she reached out to touch his face. but Zayn didn't want that. He moved backwards avoiding her touch. " Four minutes, mia. That's all you've got." He whispered, avoiding  her gaze.

Instead of giving Zayn a long speech on  how he could pull through, how everything would be fine. Instead of saying something she wasn't certain on, she said what she thought was best.

" I'm here for you Zayn, even if we don't talk, I'm just here for you."

Before Mia could continue, Zayn hopped down from the low tree branc and engulfed the smaller girl in a hug. Neither of them said a word. just simply remained in each others arms.