My Enemy's Other Half

PROLOGUE

Lying here staring at the ceiling, the only thing running through my mind was Angel.The one who ruined me. The one who slowly took away my freedom and drained me of all hope.The one who turned me in to the person I was today; only a shell of the person I used to be. What I can't understand is how he can be so obsessed with me.

I'm not even his mate... See the thing is that we're werewolves and we all have mates; someone who completes us and that loves us unconditionally. The only thing is I haven't found mine yet. So what am I doing with Angel you may ask? Well I was stupid and I thought I knew it all. In my eyes Angel was perfect, sweet, kind, and loving soon to be Alpha of one of the most amazing packs in all of California.

What I didn't know was that he had us all fooled. So being naive little me I let myself get carried away by his good looks and charm. Two months after we started dating was the first time he hit me he said he was sorry and that he loved me, he said it would never happen again. Being a foolish little fifteen year old I forgave him. As time went on the beatings got worse and it went from I'm sorry to, it was your fault for provoking me. I tried to leave him once but he caught me and said he'd kill everybody I ever loved right in front of me and then he would teach me a lesson.

Why...?

Because I was his and he was sickly infatuated with me. I was beginning to believe that I was never going to escape.