8

Becca's Pov 

Mate?!

No no no no!

I felt tears fall down my face as I was cursed to be with a total monster. I've escaped one evil Alpha to end up with another.

While my wolf was jumping for joy inside of me, I was frightened beyond all reasons. I was scared and frightened and absolutely terrified. 

While he stared at me with soft eyes and a smile, I looked back at him in fear. 

He looked at me with a little hurt and reached for my face and I flinched and moved away from him as much as I could. But the chains on me didn't let me move very much. They were after all short and they burned my skin. 

Which made me whimper in pain and the Alpha reacted to my pain and he reached and touched my chains. I could hear the sizzle of his skin as he broke my chains. I heard him let out a low growl and my eyes widened and he worked quickly on my chains.

Once all of them were broken he pulled his hands away and I watched the burns on his skin heal slowly. He looked at me and I looked away and I averted his gaze. 

"Angel, what's wrong?" He asked me softly.

I panicked at the nickname he gave me. I looked at him and he looked confused and worried. I didn't answer him though. I was too frightened to even speak. I feared that he'd hurt me again if I didn't says something but I didn't care. 

My wolf however wasn't speaking to me. In fact, I think she's mad at me and is probably talking to the Alpha's wolf. 

"Are you ok?" He asked.

NO! I was certainly not ok! He and his pack has hurt me and I won't even tell him that the one who's face I scratched, had hurt me as pay back for what I did to him. 

I felt that the least I owed the Alpha was some sort of reaction. So I shook my head a little. 

"I'm so sorry this happened. I'm sorry that we met under such horrible circumstances." He said.

I looked at him and he wiped a tear away as it fell from my eye. 

"I am sorry for hurting you. If I had known you were my mate, I never ever would have harmed you." 

I scoffed and he sighed and said "Can I at least know your name?"

I looked away from him and he remained silent as if waiting for my response.

"Please?" He asked.

I looked at him in surprise. An Alpha? Kind and says "Please"? To me, I thought this was total shock. But then again, I guess living with an abusive and cruel Alpha would do that to a person. To other people, Alphas are tough and kind at the same time. 

Maybe.....

Just maybe......

He is one of them......

NO!

What was I thinking? He couldn't be one of them. He's already proved to me that he's willing to hurt me. So he apologized. So what? Alpha Alan apologized loads of times. He never meant it. Not once did he say sorry and meant it. 

No, this Alpha would be no different.

"Don't you think you're being a little rash? We can give him a chance." My wolf said.

I shook my head at her and said "No, he's harmed us."

"He didn't mean it." She said back to me. 

I saw him move and that brought me out of my train of thoughts. He looked at me and smiled.

"All I ask is for your name. Ok?" He asked.

"Yeah.OK?" My wolf said.

"Fine. If it'll shut you up." I told her.

She smirked at me with victory and I looked at the Alpha and I gave a small nod.

I reached forward, and using my finger, I wrote my name in the dirt that laid on the floor of my cell. 

"B-e-c-c-a." He said as I spelled my name.

"Becca?" He said.

I gave a nod and he smiled the brightest smile I've ever seen.

He took my hand into his and he said "It's a beautiful name."

I blinked at him and pulled my hand away from his. He looked hurt but also content. Who knew telling him my name would make him content. 

He stood and held out his hand and said "Come. We need to get you cleaned up."

I shrank away from his outstretched hand. I shook my head and he chuckled.

"Well you don't plan on staying here where you don't belong do you?" He said.

I gave a nod and he lifted his head and looked straight as if in thought. Maybe someone was talking to him via mind link. 

He looked back down at me and he sighed in defeat and said "Ok. If you want to come out, you can. I'll check on you as often as I can. There's some things I need to take care of. Vance will be around to help you if you need anything. Ok?"

He was leaving me? So much for being mates. 

But hey, he was leaving me and not hurting me more than he has already.

I gave a nod and after smiling at me one more time, he turned and left my cell. 

Also leaving my cell door wide open.