CH. 5

17 year old Hayes p.o.v.

Still waiting for Lucius to come out of the room, or even a sign of anything. I just needed to know if my princess was alright.

Lucius mindlinked me to come in the room. I immediately opened up the door, trying not to show the worry in my face.

I look at my princess, eyes closed but still alive.

I look over at Lucius and whisper, "What was your idea?"

He gave me a small smirk, "I told her all about us, everything she needed to know. She sat through and listened intently, after letting her know everything. I gave her an option, to let me turn her, or to let her let her time here end...she's ready Hayes... she wants you to turn her."

I look at him in shock, Lucius would have never offered something like that to a human..it would have to be a very special human. But I can't worry about that right now.

I quickly push past him into my loves room and look at her, admiring her beautiful long dark locks, little freckles scattered on her tan face that seems to be a little pale, just admiring her beauty in general.

How did I get so lucky?

I hear her quiet voice, "Hayes, why didn't you ever tell me?"

I sigh, walking over to the chair next to her hospital bed and sit down. I grab her small hand in my big one and rub little circles on it.

"Princess, I didn't know how I could tell you. This is the biggest secret of my life and if anyone finds out I could be in danger, Lucius could be in danger. I couldn't risk it.. I'm sorry."

The guilt eats me alive as I look at her. I should've told her, but I couldn't risk the pack getting found out.

I know she understands by looking in her eyes.

She gives me a small smile, not responding.

I continue to look at her, hearing her monitor beep every few seconds.

"Do you want to be like me Elisa?"

Her eyes well up with tears but I still don't hear her response.

I don't think she even knows what she wants anymore.

"I'm scared Hayes... I don't want to die, but I don't want to live forever.. I want a normal life, no secrets, growing old and just being a human. But I also want to be with you.. I'm just conflicted." And with that the silent tears fall.

From her and myself.

I take a deep breath in through my nose and exhale out of my mouth. I need to stay calm but the thought of losing her is killing me.

"Elisa, my love you don't have a lot of time to make up your mind, unfortunately. I want to be selfish and turn you, but I love you too much to take away your own volition. I need an answer now Elisa, do you want me to turn you, or are you ready to die?"

I can feel my heart being stabbed repeatedly at this point, my lungs are burning and I feel like I can't breathe.

She looks away from my gaze, off to the window, in deep thought.

"Well?"

After what feels like an eternity she looks over at me, slowly shaking her head no.

There's my answer.

And with that ladies and gentlemen, my heart was ripped out of my chest and was flung out the fucking window.

I officially can not breathe, I can't even move.