Chapter 3

Hi all! Thanks for all the support! I hope you enjoy this chapter and get to see a fun side of all the characters.

We make our way down the gravel road, choosing to walk to our packs event center. It holds a nice ballroom, perfect for typical gatherings and ceremonies such as this. My parents opted to drive, passing us a few minutes ago. 

"So, Hunter," I say, trailing off, not sure what to say. Although we are mates, we did just meet and know nothing about each other.

"So Savannah," he mimics me, grinning at me.

"I'm sorry, big events make me nervous," I reply suddenly, not sure why I'm telling him this. He grabs my hand in his and a calm washes over me. "Wow, that's interesting."

"One of the perks of mates, I'm surprised you don't know that already though."

"My parents didn't tell me much growing up actually," I reply.

"Really, my parents wanted to tell me everything to prepare me. So you can ask me anything you like," he states with a smile, but I could tell he was trying to hide the shock of me not knowing anything about being a white wolf.

"The only thing I know anything about is the mating process," I whisper, not wanting Naomi and Nathan to hear our conversation. I blush slightly and pull my hand away from him.

He pulls my hand back and pulls me to a stop, "Listen, I don't want to rush anything. I'm sorry for the kiss in your bedroom earlier today. I think we should wait for awhile before we mate because there's lots of things we need to know about each other first. Have you trained at all?" he asks as we start walking again. I smile at his urge to wait. The one thing I know about the prophecy is that it eventually becomes impossible for the two to wait.

"I haven't trained much, no. I've mostly devoted my time to my studies and made sure to especially study battle strategies and creating alliances," I say, letting him know the fact I've spent most of my time in advanced classes made for those of strong bloodlines. 

"Training will start right away then. I'll train you myself since I've surpassed many of my own trainers, if you don't mind?"

"Not at all, I'm sure you're plenty capable of training me. I do like to run though, even in my human form. I find it very freeing. Why don't we go for a run tomorrow morning?" I ask, suddenly eager to run. 

"Sounds great to me," he states as we walk up to the event center and make our way to the back. "We can even talk more tomorrow morning then, since it's time to start the festivities," he smiles at me after he says that and we make our way inside, ready for what lies next as a team.

********

"Savannah is escorted by Hunter, from the nearby pack," my father announces as we make our way to the top of the stairs where everyone can see us. "We are not only celebrating Savannah's birthday tonight, but also a union with Hunter's pack. Savannah and Hunter are mates," he states as a lot of gasps sound around the room. "As they train and learn to work together, we will start the process of forming officially." We make our way down the stairs as people whisper about us. 

"I could've sworn we were meant to be," Chris, one of my friends states. He always tried to hit on me, not understanding that we weren't meant to be. Hunter puts a protective arm around me, his inner wolf probably urging him to be protective. "Just kidding," he says, Hunter's thick physique making him sweat. Chris was good looking, but nothing compared to Hunter. He lacked the thick muscles, but was lean and tall with a dark head of hair. "Congrats guys," he says and walks away after a say thanks. Hunter leads me to the food table after hearing my stomach growl.