"You can see her too ammi?" he whispered loud enough to be heard.

"What do you mean by I can see her too- Wait.. Did you think that you were dreaming?" she asked, her eyes wide and I then understood his ignorance. He thought that I wasnt here, and that he was just dreaming?

Oh my Allah! Now when I say these words in my mind, it is so embarrassing. He was dreaming about me?

"You mean to say that she is here? For real?" he asked as I closed my eyes. And then I heard aunty's hearty laugh. I opened my eyes and found her looking at me with twinkling eyes.

"Allah, my son is whipped. Yes my son, she is here. For real" she said patting his cheek as he turned towards me and I looked away, my heart speeding its pace. He started walking towards me slowly and I had to fist the sheets in order to stop my heart from jumping out.

"I am leaving, and Yazan, eat the food and make her eat also" aunty said walking out of the room, her voice held so much happiness.

He stopped infront of me and very slowly raised his hand and poked my cheek with his index finger making me look at him. His eyes widened even more if that was even possible and he cupped my cheeks quickly sitting next to my legs. Now it was my turn to widen my eyes, as I saw water fill his eyes, him looking at me intently, opening and closing his mouth like a fish.

Feeling a little uncomfortable, I tried to move back, away from his touch, but the next thing I knew, I was in his arms, crushed, and I was sure he was able to hear my heartbeat which was racing in a marathon.

"Yazan.. You are crushing me" my voice came out muffled and he immediately backed, his eyes now etched with worry, as he held my arms and then touched my cheeks.

"I- I am sorry. Did I hurt you?" he asked resting his hand on my cheek, making me lean into his touch.

Yes, you did.

"I am fine" I said smiling a little, removing his hand from my face, struggling with every inch of my body not to jump into his arms, which was once my safe haven.

"Thank you for coming back" he whispered slowly holding my hand and I dont know why, but my throat clogged up and tears brimmed my eyes.

"Actually aunty wanted me to stay" I said bluntly, which I regretted the next second seeing the look of hurt in his eyes. After a long pause, he sighed and looked at me with sad eyes.

"I am sorry Sarah, about ammi. She is a bit too much sometimes. I'll talk to her and will take you back home" he said immediately standing up and turned around to leave the room. And without thinking, I leaned forward and grabbed his hand from behind, making him stop in his tracks.

"Wait.. I.. She wanted me to stay but it..it was m-my decision" I didnt know why I was stammering as he turned towards me and I pulled back my hand suddenly realising that I was holding it.

He then stood there looking at me in silence and I kept looking down, feeling intimated by his gaze. After a few minutes he again sat down on the spot where he was sitting earlier and leaned forward towards me.

My head shot up, and I found him close enough to me, making me freeze and my heart thudded. He kept torturing me with his piercing gaze, while his breath fanned my face. I was a gone case by now. His beautiful face so close to me, I was lost in his ever-so-beautiful green eyes.