Chapter 11

Daniel says nothing as I smile and twirl slightly and his eyes follow every direction, finally his eyes landing on mine, speechless.

....: "You look truly amazing." Says a voice and I think it could be Skylar's but I doubt that he wouldn't dare say that in front of Daniel. I dodge Daniel's now slightly shocked gaze as I turn around to see just who it was that said those words.

The same spiky brown hair, tanned skin, and dark midnight ocean blue eyes staring right back at me. I feel my blush reach up all the way to the tips of my ears, heating up and I know just about everyone could see. He steps closer and places a palm against my cheek as I look up into his eyes.

I feel as if I looked long enough that I would fall in completely. I place my hand against his, to my cheek, giving him a small smile. I can feel everyone's eyes on, not just me but the both of us, staring opened mouthed at what they're seeing including Daniel.

"I-I don't know what to s-say Sky, other than thank you..." My voice is surprisingly soft enough that I'm sure the only one who heard me say that was him. He smiles at me, a full white teethed smile.

He then leans back, giving my cheek a last caress just before he removes it and then looks up at everyone, or rather down at everyone since they had sat down. I turn around and look at everyone behind me as I force a bright smile. Taking a deep breath I steady my voice.

"So shall we have get this party started or what?" I giggle as I notice Skylar smiling at me as he takes a seat into a red velvet chair that I assume that my mother had put in by the movers.

Angelica: "We can but are we not going to talk about what just happened there for a minute?" She slightly chuckles as she waves her finger in between both me and Skylar. I gulp rather hard as I go to speak and Skylar saves me.

Skylar: "What? I can't compliment the girl? Is that a crime or something with you now?" He says as he chuckles and throws a sneaky wink over at me and I smile softly.

Angelica goes to speak and seems to be stuck as she sighs heavily in defeat and gives up, standing as she tugs at her dress.

A knock comes at the door as Jessie stands patting off her skirt and walks over to the door slowly.

Jessie: "Let's all play nice here please, the guests are starting to arrive." She opens the door as two girls walk into the living room and she plasters on a rather unneeded large smile. "Welcome girls, thank you for coming. Once everyone arrives we'll start up the party." The girls smile and nod.

I sneak a look over to both Daniel and Skylar, neither of them seeming to take any interest in the girls. Though both of them have slim and curvy figures most guys would go for both neither Daniel or Skylar seemed to take interest or to even look at them. Daniel was on his phone and Skylar was looking just staring at his lap.

Somewhere where I was starting to want to be. I bite my lip looking away as I walk out of the living room and down a hall to my bed room. My heart begins to pound as I take a seat onto the edge of my bed. I feel really nervous again about the party and I wanted to know what Daniel thought about what Skylar did just a few seconds ago, him saying that and touching me.

Why didn't he say anything? Why didn't he react? Why is it that now all of a sudden I'm attracting two of the most delicious guys I have almost ever seen? It doesn't make any sense. It's almost scary. And the warning that Daniel had gave me earlier, just what exactly did all of that mean?

All of these questions begin to rush their way around and around inside my head as I lean over and place my head in my hands, taking a deep breath.

This party...what if someone gets to drunk or something bad happens to someone. Just why am I having all of these thoughts now? I was fine earlier or more like distracted earlier. Even so the main questions are Why and What If.

The door opens suddenly and Daniel stands in the doorway, looking at me, holding two beers, one in each hand. I look up at him and give a slight smile and he returns it. I motion for him to come inside and pat the spot right beside me on the bed.

He steps in rather happily, assuming he thought I would show him the way out rather than in and he closes the door behind himself. He takes a seat beside me and hands me the cold bottle of beer and I take it, holding it between my hands.

Looking down thinking of what to say, my lips part to form words as Daniel begins before me.

Daniel: "Why are you all held up in here? You should be out there enjoying your party. Unless that is, you're trying to ditch your own party." He smiles softly at me and tugs back a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I chuckle lightly and look up into his eyes. "You know, you're right but to be honest, I've never been to any party since I was like 16 years old and I apparently was never cool enough to really have one of my own, not even a single person showed up to my birthday parties except my mother really."

He smiles at me and I smile back at him as I pop open my beer and drink it until that one last drop. Daniel laughs, watching me as he drinks the rest of his own. I rise to my feet as I walk over to the door, taking hold of the doorknob. I spin around to see Daniel so close to me that I could breathe in his very scent.

His cheeks are a tinted, almost a dark pink color. I could tell that he had already had a little too many beers before and he was trying so hard to focus on what he wanted to do and or say. He takes ahold of my hands and places them on his own.

Tilting my head upwards I look into his eyes softly and see his most gentle and most vulnerable side to him and without noticing, my body is pressed up against his.

Daniel: "You know, you truly are beautiful in that dress this evening. You truly are something special. You make me feel things I haven't felt in such a long time Racheal and that's the truth." He looks at me and gives a small hiccup.

I smile wide and suppress a small giggle as I wrap my arms softly around his neck and presses my lips against his, slowly and softly.