Chapter 8: "The Pesky Puppeteers"

Sasuke pulled out his kusanagi.

The guy in a turban attacked first. He has a big puppet that looks like a bear. It has a metal claw that has poison in it. It jumps right to Sasuke and tries to hit him with its claws.

The impact of its hit made its claw dig and stick into the earth. But Sasuke quickly dodged it by jumping away before the bear's claw landed on the ground. Since the dark-skinned guy in a turban has the largest puppet, he had a hard time pulling out his puppet's claw from the ground. The biggest one is usually the slowest. Before he was able to pull out his puppet Sasuke was already right in front of the puppeteer and Sasuke hit him hard with his sword's handle on his chin. The guy in the turban fell to the ground unconscious.

Another group of puppets tried to attack Sasuke. They all looked like a human with chains wrapped around their bodies and hands.

They start attacking him by whipping Sasuke using their long metal chains. But Sasuke can already anticipate their actions using his Sharingan. He looked for their manipulator, they're the three guys on the left side. Each has a single puppet. Sasuke runs towards the three men to directly attack them so he can immobilize the puppets but before he can do it, three additional puppets that replicate the three behind him appear.

"Bunshin?" Sasuke thought. He moved back to dodge their chains but one of them hit his left arm which was still recovering from amputation.

Sasuke felt a sharp pain in his arm which made him lose his balance. He bent down and kneeled to the ground while holding his arm. Before he could stand up again the six puppets wrapped his whole body with their chains. The three men stood and approached Sasuke and their puppets.

"You can't escape now Uchiha Sasuke, after we kill you we will go after that little whore and make sure she will pay for what she did to our master." the guy in a red vest said.

"I heard she's extremely beautiful!" said one of them.

"Let's see about that! You there make sure he won't escape!" shouted the guy in a red vest.

The three guys hold their puppet's chain to ensure its durability so Sasuke won't escape.

"Chidori!" Sasuke discharged lightning from his hand which flowed to the chains and electrified the three guys. All of them fell to the ground with their puppets. Sasuke removed the chains around him and picked up his sword.

"I will remove your tongue from your filthy mouth..." Sasuke whispered while his dark eye was fixed on the guy in a red vest. There are now only two puppeteers left.

"Fuck he is really strong Kakutasu! Let's retreat for the moment!" shouted the other puppeteer.

"Shut up and get ready to attack!" the red guy in a red vest cried.

They started controlling their puppets using their chakras. The guy in a red vest has a puppet that has the body of a human and the head of a tiger. It is bigger and faster than the other puppets. While the other one has a samurai warrior like a puppet that has an iron net on its right hand.

The puppet of the guy with a red vest started to fire blue bullets of chakras from its hands and mouth. The bullets pierced and created deep holes in the ground and destroyed some of the buildings nearby. This caused the people to flee in panic.

Sasuke kept on dodging their attack. He was looking for an opening but the two puppeteers were attacking synchronically. They were more aware that Sasuke was not an easy opponent so they pulled out all the techniques that they knew.

The guy in a red vest kept on firing Sasuke. He didn't even give him a chance to land on the ground. Sasuke kept on jumping from one building to another until he had no way to run off.

"Toka! I'll reload!" shouted the man in a red vest to his partner and he pulled out his tiger puppet.

"Yes! I'll take care of him!" The other guy cried. He made a sign that made his weapon bigger. "Nobody can escape my Ultimate Iron Net."

"Rinnegan!" Sasuke used his left eye which had always been covered with his hair.

The next thing the guy realized, his partner Kakutasu the guy in the red vest, and his Tiger Puppet were inside the trap.

"W-what the fuck?!" cried the guy. He turned to his side and found Sasuke standing beside him.

"He exchanged place with Kakutasu but how?!" he thought. Before he can make a sudden move he realizes that he cannot control his body anymore. He was put under a genjutsu.

"Hey! You idiot Toka let me go!" The guy in a red vest cried. He tried to pull the trap but nothing was happening. Sasuke walked towards him. He deactivated his sharingan and stared at him with his dark right eye.

"Hey don't look at me that way! I know you are pissed because we tried to capture you and plan to kill the little slu..."

Sasuke hit him so hard in the face that he lost all his front teeth.

The guy holds his bleeding mouth and screamed, " You fucking jerk I will ki..."

"Almighty pull!" Sasuke used his rineggan to pull out the tongue of the man. Sasuke raised his kusanagi and looked at him vaguely.

"They are Sasori's fanatic and gang of thieves. Authorities of Suna had been trying to catch them because they are troublesome in town." Kankuro said. He was inside Suna's clinic checking on Sasuke's condition.

"Well, it seems like he is okay. I will leave him to you Sakura." He added. He went out of the clinic and proceeded to the Kazekage's office to report what happened.

"You should be more careful with this arm. It hasn't fully recovered yet..." Sakura said to Sasuke while changing the bandages.

"You should avoid the trouble! It's a good thing that those people are a gang of thieves because otherwise, this will raise a diplomatic issue!" Sakura cried while knitting her brows anxiously as she cut the bandage to finish wrapping Sasuke's left arm.

"I'm sorry." Sasuke whispered. He put his black shirt on.

"We are here to establish peace... We shinobi have to endure, including foul words resulting from our past deeds..." Sakura took off her gloves and fixed her medical apparatus.

Meanwhile, in the marketplace near the restaurant where the fight happened, the Suna Ninja officers were investigating what happened. They took some of Sasori's fanatics to jail while others were rushed to the hospitals including the guy in a red vest because his tongue had been cut out.

The white dried stem that Sasuke took from the other dimensions was on the ground. He dropped it when he was fighting the gang. It suddenly melted into a white liquid and moved toward the unconscious guy in a red vest.