one

I'm running. I'm running with no destination. One foot follows the other as fast as my body can respond to it. Agitated is my breathing now and I'm sobbing. Whines escape my lips without permission.  I can't think clearly and my vision's blurred.  I'm frightened. That man who broke into my house screaming my name made me shiver. He knew my name. Who told him my name? Who told him I'd be alone? I keep running wishing he's not right behind me. I wish someone would stop and help me, but taking my surrounding into consideration that's highly improbable. Even though I can't hear steps or see any silhouette behind my back, I don't slow down, just in case.

Distinguishing the obstacles from the dirt and spots of grass in the ground is too difficult when the only sources of lights are the small rings of moonlight that pass through the crowns of the trees. And I'm bare feet... It's strange how it doesn't hurt anymore.  Add to that, that I've fallen a couple of times already so I don't even want to think about my knees. I can barely feel my body at this point. Every branch in this damned wood was leaving a scratch in my skin.

I might've been running for about 10 minutes now and I wonder why my parents decided to move into such an isolated house. Other way, I would've found help already. What's that? I asked myself as a silver lining appears before my eyes. A window, it's a house lighted up. I didn't even know we had neighbours. I speed up, even though I thought it's impossible for me to run faster. When I'm close enough I try to scream.

"Help" almost no sound comes out since there's no air in my lungs.

I stop to catch a breath. "Help" I manage to speak louder. 

A guy storms out the house. I see fear in his eyes. They almost seem like a mirror of my own emotions. So I break down. I cry, loudly, being all too much for me to handle. I'm weak and I know it. For the last few weeks I've been feeling like this.

He runs to me, now he's besides me holding me by my elbow, keeping me from collapsing in the ground. "We need to go" he demands. I open my eyes to find his through my tears.

"Call the police" I say clearly enough.

"That won't be of any help" he affirms not even thinking about it. He starts pulling me towards the truck in the driveway but I pull the other way. I need him to call the police so they can capture the intruder.

"What? You rather stay with that dick?" he seems offended. Does he know that man?

I try to escape from his grasp but it's too tight for my debilitated body to win the battle. "You're with him! Let me go" I beg crying harder.  

He shakes his head. "No, we need to go, now!" I'm still piercing his eyes with mine pleading for mercy. "We don't have time"

I don't give in so he uses his free arm to grab my waist lifting me from the floor. "Why?  Who the hell are you? Please don't hurt me" I feel I'm drowning in my own tears.

"I won't" he affirms not loosening either of his grips. "I promise. Just trust me now and it'll be okay" there's no conviction in his voice, how could I trust him?

I start shaking and kicking but it's no use so I slowly begin to give up. My kicks and whines decrease with every passing second. I feel powerless. My body can't take it anymore. There's no energy left inside me. Maybe I deserve all of this. After all, I've done awful stuff, I wish I haven't but trapped I was. I still am actually.  

He drops my heavy self on the co-driver's seat of the truck and locks the door in case I want to run away, I suppose. Then he rapidly gets to the other side and hops in. 

It's been about half an hour since he turned the engine on and my body is not tense anymore. Surrender is my new state. My crying went back to sobbing; I don't know how to feel about any of this. Don't misunderstand me, it's horrific, but when your only hope turns out to be a probable enemy as well, then you stop fighting. What's the point? It's impossible for me to win this battle. I guess it's written in the stars. My misfortune it's not random... Nothing is.