The Lie

Chapter Thirty-Eight

The Lie

So there sat my parents, there sat my creators, the ones that gave me life and purpose looking as happy as can be.

Take a deep breath, I told myself as I walked over to the table but didn't do it because come on, as if that would help.

"Mum, Dad" I said slightly monotone sitting down opposite they're vibrate faces. They were buzzing, literally I could feel the excitement bouncing of them and it was sickening. There were a few other family's around us, hugging and laughing together. This happens every other weekend when parents are aloud to visit, my parents hadn't ever come to visit before this and there was defiantly no hugging about to be involved.

"Lailah dear, never could do you're hair by yourself" My mum tutted reached forward smoothing down a piece of hair that had fell from my ponytail Colette had created this morning.

"Leave it" I said pushing my mothers finely manicured hand out of my face "and just get on with what you need to say and i'll pretend to show the slightest bit of interest. Ok? Ok."

Mum and dad looked at each other neither looking impressed by this cold welcome.

My parents were nothing special, nothing different to them than any others. My mum worries to much, my father worries to little. My mum cares about how my hair looks, my dad cares about the grades I get in math.They are and always have been utterly simple. So the unexpected stares from all the teachers towards them didn't go unnoticed, trust me I saw their hatred. My teachers walked by staring intently down at them kind of like how most of them looked at me on my first day, they looked suspicious.

My parents didn't notice sitting across from me on the cafeteria table, or maybe they just chose not to notice. Either way I was confused, I get all my teachers hated me. But my parents as well?

"Honey ..." Mum started but my father cut her of with a look.

"Lailah, we are not here to fight" He explained calmly but the vain in his forehead was throbbing and I could tell he was clearly not calm inside "we are just here to talk"

Mum reached across the table to grab my hand but I pulled away in a heartbeat ignoring the hurt that flashed across her eyes. She recovered quickly after all "Lailah don't be like this"

"Don't be like what, angry?" I asked my eyebrows raised "annoyed, pissed, hurt?"

"Oh don't be silly " Dad said looking away from me.

"Silly?" I drew in a sharp breath "I'm being silly now am I?"

"New Zealand is the best thing that's happened to us in a long time Lailah, you should be happy for us" Dad was talking to me in a voice he used to use when I was younger when I had said something only an idiot child would say and it was like he was trying to explain this to me. Apart from I'm not an idiot child anymore.

"What are you even doing here?" I found myself asking.

They both looked taken aback as if they hadn't been expecting the question so it was a while before mum spoke.

"To say goodbye sweetie" was her only reply, nothing else just to say goodbye.

"You know what your right" I said my eyes training on both of their faces "I am happy for you two"

Dad looked pleased for a second as if he was the result of some breakthrough but as he went to open his mouth and speak I cut him of my voice never quavering as I raised myself from the table "I am so happy for the both of you to leave my life and leave me alone , I am so happy to never see your smug cheerful faces ever again and let me tell you I am so happy your leaving me in this goddamn school so I can have liberating sex party's with all my vampire teachers, where they drain every living pure part of your daughters innocent soul away and shatter it into a million little pieces, because her own very parents don't have the very decency in their hearts to take her away with them"