Driven by mystery

Scott stops and rests for a moment. He's out of breath and very tired. "Feels like I've been through every corner of this city....where can she be?". The thought of Elsa has driven him to a point where he NEEDS to find her. After two minutes of catching his breath, he runs again. Eventually he comes to a halt: at the town hall. This place seems...familiar to him...but he can't put a finger on when and why he's been here. But he know for sure where he is.

Its already 4 p.m. and there's no sign of Elsa and Scott cannot think of any other place she could be. Suddenly his cellphone vibrates in his coat's pocket. It's Mitch. "Hey Scott. Have you found Elsa yet?" Scott can feel his courage sink to his feet. "No, I haven't. I can't think of where she can be." "Well its getting late, I think you should come back to the hotel and eat something." "But..." "No buts, Scott. We'll find her. I promise." Suddenly Scott gives a small smile. Mitch is right. He always is. "Alright. I'm on my way." "See you." says Mitch and they both hang up.

"No matter what it takes Elsa...I WILL find you..."

-------------------------------------------

Its 4:30 pm and I'm getting kind of cold in my bedroom right now. Again. I wish Scott was here. Speaking of Scott...I check my twitter. And what do I see?......

"This is driving me insane. How long does it take to find someone? Can one person really occupy your mind like this?"

"Who, Scott?" I say out loud. Ever since the ball Scott has been tweeting about someone. The name is still unknown, but Twitter, of course, is a buzz with questions. And today's no different. But the mystery has been going on for 5 days now. I imagine that this "mystery girl" is me......no. Who am I kidding??

The next day at school Sky, Chris and I sit on the field and talk about what we always talk about: music. It's strange really. "So have you heard the new song by The Parlotones?" Sky asks. But for a change....I'm not listening. My mind is on another planet. Planet Scott, that is. "Elsa!!" And I just returned to earth. "Sorry, what?" "This isn't like you. You've been quiet all break and you don't listen to a word we say." Chris sounds serious, and a little concerned. "No, Chris. I'm ok. I'm just a little stressed about our test tomorrow. We all know Shakespeare is not my strong point." And they both know that's a lie. "Really? You are better than both of us." "Sky's right." My eyes are caught by Sky's smile. They almost match Scott's....

And the bell rings for 4th period. We head to the school building and then go our different directions. I've got history now...and for the past two days my mind has been stuck on one historical event:

The JCC ball....