[Arc 1] Ch. 8 Third Birthday

Start from the beginning

In fact, he once sliced clean through a tree by accident and went as pale as a ghost. He even hugged the tree and apologized.

My concern is that he's been dabbling with attack magic, if he is not careful something dangerous could get out of control and he could end up hurting himself or someone else. Madam nor Sebas are going to like it, but I think it's time I expose his little secret. With his growth, he should be growth he should be spouting a third tail soon. I'll take that as a sign.

*

This morning Sebas is acting strange, he never misses practice in the morning. It is also his birthday.

Everyone assumes he's just sleeping in, but I know better. When it's breakfast he refuses to come from his room. His voice is full of fear.

He even turns Amelia away.

"Husband, what do we do? He has never done this before?" Amelia holds onto Van for comfort.

I think it's good that she truly relies on him like that, but this isn't a situation he's going to be able to give her an answer she likes.

"Iliza, take Madam downstairs." I order. This is a delicate situation and Amelia is too quick to overreact. I nod at Van and he passes Amelia off to Iliza, it takes some persuading, but she leaves.

"Sebas, we are coming in, just Van and I." Van and I walk in and spy a lump under Sebas's blanket.

Carefully, I close the door. I'll be honest, it is very likely that Sebas might react violently to his secret getting out, that is why I brought Van, for back up.

"Sebas-" Van starts to walk to Sebas's bed.

I hold out my hand to stop Van.

"Sebas, show us." I command.

The lump flinches and deflates. Finally, the young scared boy pulls off his sheet. Van gasps when he sees Sebas's third tail.

I smile. This boy... he never ceases to amaze me, he really pulled it off.

"Congratulations, young master. You're a man now." I can't help but feel some pride, as I pat his father on the shoulder. "He's got you beat dad. He'll be chasing skirts in no time at this rate." I laugh. I originally begrudged spending so long in one place babysitting a noble brat, but at this moment I can say that I don't regret a thing.

"So you did know..." Sebas's ears lower with shame. He can't hide this.

"Since before you 'kicked' yourself in the nose." I winked.

Sebas groaned and buried his head under his blanket. "Mama's going to be so mad..."

"That's why you got us, right, Papa!" I slapped Van on the back pushing him forward.

Van took the hint. He pulled the sheet off the poor boy. "Son, you seem to have doing a lot of training on your own."

Sebas's eyes watered.

"Sword training?" He asked as he crouched to meet his son at eye level.

Sebas nodded.

"Magic?"

Sebas slowly nodded.

"You haven't hurt anyone have you?"