History lesson

A/n: so I came up with this at work, because sitting at a receptionist desk for 8 hours is really boring and I watched Wonder Woman last night. So the reader is Hippolyta, Esdarnuir (their father) is Antiope, and Lindir and Meludir are Diana. This is also based on the High Elf level 1 on Lord of the Rings Online, which is one of the best middle earth games to play.

In this imagine, the reader is Lindir's mother, and Meludir is also mentioned. Also made up their fathers name. I feel like this is kinda cute and sad at the same time. Please forgive me! 😐

😣😁😴🙄😴😴😴🙄🙄🙄😁😁😆🍾 (my day in emojis)

Lindir and his brother, Meludir, climbed into their beds as they waited for their mother to come in and tuck them in for the night.

The two elflings had had an adventuresome day, visiting the army training grounds with their father, Esdarnuir (totally making that up).Both of the boys had their own wooden swords, playing pretend war with each other, as their father showed them how to properly parry and launch an attack.

Lindir and Meludir had heard the war stories older elves would tell during the evenings, and they wanted more. Both of their parents had fought in the battle against Sauron, yet their mother never spoke of it.

"What if we promise to be careful?" Meludir asked as you kiss his forehead. "It's time to sleep." "Please nana? What if we used a shield? No sharp edges." You sigh. "Lindir, war is nothing like the war you and your brother play." You say gently, kissing his forehead.

"I hope I get to go to war! I will be the bravest elf on the battlefield!" Meludir cried, as he jumped out of bed and grabbed his wooden sword. You laugh and shake your head, as he points his sword at you. "No doubt about it my little warrior." "No nana!" Lindir exclaims, grabbing his sword and getting in front of you, pretending that you were a damsel in distress and Meludir was a fire drake.

You laugh at your sons bravery and tickle his sides. "Oh my Lindir! Save me!" You exclaim putting your hand to your forehead dramatically. Meludir launches his sword at his brother, and Lindir dodges the blow. He then pretends to stab his brother. "Avast ye fire drake! For I have saved the damsel." Meludir collapses onto the floor and sticks his tongue out, pretending to be dead.

"Nana?"

"Yes my warrior?"

"Will you tell us a story?" Meludir asks as he sits up on the ground. Lindir looks up at you with big brown eyes. You eye them both and sigh. "As long as both of you get into bed, I will tell you a story of our people and my days of battle." You say getting up from Lindir's bed to get a book.

"Yay!" They both cry, as they scramble back into their beds. "So that you both will know, that war is nothing to hope for." You say, sitting down in the chair between the two beds and open the book. Both the young elflings sit up against their headboards and lean against your arms.

(This is were LOTRO idea comes into play)

"Long ago, when Middle Earth was filled with a dark and terrible power, Elendil the Tall and King Gil-Galad led an army of men and elves against the forces of Mordor. The war lasted for years, each side growing more tired as the days went on. The elven prince, Thelaron, was kidnapped by Witch King, and taken to the tower of Barad-dûr...."

Before you could continue, another voice made your head snap up. "But we did not find him." Lindir and Meludir look up at their father, who had been leaning against the door frame. "Your mother, the only elf willing to go to confront the Witch King, went up to the tower. She confronted the Witch King, only to find that it had been a trap."

You sigh as you remember your best friend growing up. Thelaron had been a close friend, and knowing that you could not save him, was the hardest thing you had ever had to endure. Lindir looked up at you, his eyes darting back and forth across your face, trying to read your emotions.

"The witch King then tried to turn your mother against us, but he did not succeed. Lords Elrond and Glorfindel, and I had arrived in time to save your mother." Esdarnuir says as he sits on Meludir's bed, pulling his youngest son into his lap. "Sauron had been defeated, and your nana was saved." Esdarnuir looked at both of his children. Meludir was fast asleep, while Lindir clung to his mother.

You smile and pull him into your lap, brushing his brown hair out of his eyes. "What's wrong my Lindir?" He buries his face his your hair. "I don't want to be a warrior anymore...." he says softly. You kiss the top of his head and look at your husband. He nods and gets up, leading you both to your living room.

Lindir's little arms, wrap around your neck as you sit down next to his father. "Why don't you want to be a warrior?" You ask gently lifting his chin to look up into your e/c eyes. He sniffles and starts to cry. "I don't want to fight the witch King!" "Lindir...." Esdarnuir says gently. "The witch King is gone. You are safe here in Imladris." He shakes his head vigorously and buries his face back in your hair.

"Do you think Lord Elrond will need help with advice?" You chuckle. "Oh darling, I do believe that you could give Lord Glorfindel a run for his money, as the race of Men says." Lindir smiles and jumps up from your lap. "I'll do it! I'll be the best advice giver ever!" You and his father chuckle at his sudden mood change. "We do not doubt it, Lindir. Now are you ready for bed?" Esdarnuir asks.

Lindir nods as his father picks him up and carries him back to his shared room with Meludir. "Goodnight nana!" He calls. You laugh and wave after him. "Goodnight my Lindir. Sleep well my son."

A/n: wow.... I feel like that was crappy. Sorry all, I've been tired lately from work and I thought this would be cute. May delete this later who knows.