Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Alexia’s POV

“Hey have you seen Artemis today?” Apollo asks me unfortunately I’m late for charms.

“Yes I have, she’s avoiding you so you may as well leave you aren’t going to get what you want.” I say folding my arms across my chest.

“She’s my sister, I have a right to know!”

“And she’s my friend so toddle on back to Salem where you are wanted.”

“Don’t talk to me like that!”

“Like what Apollo? I’m almost eighteen, you are currently eighteen and your also not a family member of yours so I can talk to you how I want.” I say taking a step forward.

“Obviously you weren’t raised correctly.”

“So what if my parents are terrible people, you weren’t raised, Artemis is clearly the better Athens child.”

I notice that a smirk suddenly appears on his face and I turn around to see Artemis standing at the end of the hallway looking like, how did Ursula put it? Oh yeah like a deer caught in headlights. “Great I can stop talking to you now.”

At the perfect moment Artemis bolts and I whip out my wand and preform a trip jinx before chasing after her, hopefully he will have gotten the message. “Artemis wait!” I shout.

“What are you playing at?” She asks man that girl looks pissed.

“What do you mean I was looking out for you he needs to get the message?”

“Just leave it alone Alexia, just because your life is falling to shit doesn’t mean you have to make mine the same way.” She shrieks, whoa I’ve never seen this side of her.

“You said you didn’t want to go back to Salem, I was passing the message on.”

“Well don’t bother you know what everyone should just leave you alone so nobody will have to deal with your crazy shit.” Alright that hurt, I feel some tears burn in my eyes and walk off. “Don’t walk away from me!” She shouts.

I walk up to the common room and the fat lady glares at me because I’m cutting class but she would too if she dealt with the Athens’ shit. I fall into my bed and let the tears stream freely. I feel the dark feeling coming back again and I try to stand up but just collapse on the floor in a puddle of tears.

I think about how the only time I truly felt right in the summer was when I was in my animagus form. And I know that I only have one choice and just do what everybody really wants me to do.

----------------------------------------------------------

Xenophilius’ POV

“So wait you’ve never heard of nargles or crumple horned shrokacks?” Artemis asks giggling to herself.

“No I haven’t until you’ve brought them up.” I say with a chuckle pulling her closer to me.

“Well I’m not going into it because you’re just going to laugh at me again.”

“I promise I won’t laugh.” I say.

She begins to explain about nargles but I can’t help but laugh at her. “So much for promises.” She mutters resting her head on my shoulder.

“Artemis, Xeno have either of you seen Alexia today?” Remus says after running from the castle with Ursula down to us.

“The last time I saw her was this morning.” I say.

“I saw her in herbology but that was the last time, wouldn’t just disappear though.”

“She never showed up to charms and I’m really worried she’s done something bad.” Remus says.

“Yeah I noticed that. Wait bad? Like what?” Artemis asks.

“Like killed herself.” Ursula says with a strangled sob.

“Wait what? She would never do that.” Artemis says.

“Yes she would, she told me she wanted to kill herself not long ago.”

“Why wasn’t anyone told about this?” Artemis says.

“Because she told me not to tell anyone.” Remus explains.

“Well why are we sitting here and not looking for her?” I ask helping up Artemis.

We all head back towards the castle and into the library unfortunately Apollo intercepts us. “Artemis listen please.”

“Not now Apollo I’m busy.” She says trying to push past him.

“I’m not trying to sell Salem to you I was going to ask did you sort out what happened between you and the Greengrass girl earlier.”

“What are you talking about?” She asks stopping abruptly making Ursula crash into her.

“Well when you guys had charms she intercepted me and told me off, then you showed up and the two of you had a fight.”

“No that didn’t happen you were early to charms today.” Remus says and Ursula and I nod in agreement.

“No I didn’t not see you.”

“What the hell?” Artemis shouts before running off from us.

“Oh and Lovegood stay away from my sister, Lupin stay away from my girlfriend.” He says through gritted teeth earning a glare from Ursula.

“I swear he just likes causing trouble.” Remus mutters as we all stare at Apollo’s retreating figure.

“That doesn’t matter now, Alexia is missing, Artemis has just walked away from helping and we have nowhere to look.” Ursula says looking rather stressed out.

“Well we need another Gryffindor chick to help us.” I say.

“Evans.” Ursula and Remus say at the same time.

We run into the library to see Lily checking out a book, but we all grab her and pull her towards the back of the library. “We need a favour.” Ursula says.

“Like what?”

“Like going to your dorm room and checking if there is I don’t know just check your room for anything out of the ordinary.”

“There is nothing ordinary about our dorm though.”

“Just look please.” Remus begs.

“Don’t bother, I found what we’re looking for.” Artemis says slapping down a piece of parchment on the table.

We all stand over it as Ursula unfolds it.

I’m sorry for all the pain you’ve been put through by me but I need to leave so everyone will be truly happy, if you’re lucky you will never see me again.

-A

“She’s gone.” I say slowly.

“We can’t tell Sirius.” Artemis blurts out.

“And why not?” Ursula asks.

“Because it will kill him.” Artemis says.

“What about the others?” I ask.

“Wait who cares about who finds out, who ever got into a fight with her obviously knew that the only person that would really get to Alexia is Artemis which means that someone has been brewing Polyjuice potion and has been planning it for at least a month.” Remus says.

“Maybe you should have listened to her about her not being safe then.” Artemis snaps.

A/N: Wow that was really hard to write I actually almost cried writing it because I’m becoming attached to the characters more so and also I wrote part of the chapter late at night, it’s always more tense when I’m tired.

Hugs and butterfly kisses

Someones_Daughter