Part Two: Chapter Eleven (Some Assembly Required)

Kelsea

The night I got home, I wanted nothing to do but cuddle my little demon and sleep. Alucard had to help me up the flights of stairs, which I could only make it half a flight before my body gave out on me, and he had to carry me. When we got to my room, Kinsey bolted for me. Alucard set me down, and I pulled my daughter to me, burying my face in her finally blonde again hair, shedding a couple tears.

I sat on the bed while Alucard brought in a huge box. Kinsey's eyes lit up.

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Yep. It's her dollhouse." Kinsey squealed in excitement, but when she opened the box, her jaw dropped.

"But it's in pieces!"

"Some Assembly required." Alucard chuckled. "Come on, you can help me build it." He had a screwdriver, and had her hold all the parts in place. The finished product looked just like the one that had been on display.

"And we finished it with just three missing screws and a piece of tubing missing." He mocked IKEA's difficult instructions as he came to sit next to me, watching Kinsey set up the removable furniture and set her dolls up.

"I can't believe you bought this for her." I hugged him, which seemed to surprise him. "Thank you. You don't know how happy I am that you would do this." He chuckled, returning the hug.

"She deserves to have something good. I honestly didn't mind." This man had been taking seriously good care of her since we arrived. He watched over her when I had the spat with Magna, he constantly took her thoughts and needs into consideration, and she had a smile on whenever he was around. She even started learning French and Spanish with him. It honestly made my heart melt that some man would welcome her with open arms and treat her like his own. With Christian, I saw the look of pain in his eyes whenever I brought up that "he was her father," and there were times he dismissed her.

Alucard... He didn't do that once to her.

"You take such good care of your daughter, even though she isn't your-"

"Christian is not my ol' man. Not since the day I cut his patch off." I said quietly. I honestly wanted to forget about him.

"I wasn't going to say that. I was going to say old lover, but you hold the power in that." I mentally swore at how I sounded like a bitch. "I see that her happiness is your happiness. To be real with you, you need some joy in your life." He handed me something from his jacket. It was a cut. "This is from all of us. You're officially the first woman at our table." My name was on it, with a special patch. First Lady.

"You're kidding me?" I held it in my good hand. "They... They really want me?" Tears pooled in my eyes once again.

"We do. You took three bullets for us, and did the runs without complaint. Why would we say no?" I didn't know what to say. "You belong here, Kelsea." I buried my face in my new cut, the smell of new leather invaded my nose, pushing back tears.

"Thank you..." I almost sobbed into the leather as he pulled me into another hug.

"You deserve it." He murmured to me. Honestly, I didn't deserve anything. I thought that Karma would come for me after killing so many people in the years. Or maybe I was karma. I didn't think about it. Most of the people I was after had been horrible people. "Why don't you kick your feet up, I'll come bring you some food, and we'll have a picnic day in bed?" I really wasn't hungry, but I agreed. Alucard brought up some simple sandwiches, chips, fruit, and drinks. Kinsey took a break from her new toy to come eat and chatter, but I honestly had no idea what she was talking about. I was tired, in pain, and all I could think about was sleep.

***

Alucard

Kinsey was having a blast playing with her new house and it put a smile on my face. I looked over at Kelsea, only to find her asleep, looking horribly uncomfortable in the position she was in. I picked her up to readjust her, but she had grabbed onto my shirt, and wouldn't let go. I mentally sighed, undoing her hand, and laid her on her bed. She still remained sleeping, which I was thankful for, but now came time for someone to watch Kinsey.

"Would you like to go play with Hanna and the other kids?" She nodded, and I took her down to the basement, which had been turned into a safe place and a wonderland for the kids. On the way down, Magna was in the kitchen, and only shot me a glare. She could shove it if she thought I would take her side. After seeing what it did to Kelsea, I had no sympathy for her. I let Kinsey downstairs, shutting the door behind her. Hanna would bring her back up when it was time for dinner or for bed.

"Either wipe that look off your face, or so help me, I will bury your body where nobody can find it." I snarled at Magna, going back upstairs. Michael could go fuck himself if he thought I was going to let his ol lady boss me around.

I went back to Kelsea's room, kicking my shoes off, and crashed on the couch. I wasn't going to invade her space, and definitely not in her condition.

After a short nap, I woke to find her trying to sit up. I quickly rushed to her side, helping her sit up.

"What's wrong?"

"Bathroom." She groaned, slumped over. I picked her up into my arms, bringing her to the bathroom.

"Do you need any-"

"No... sorry, but I am not comfortable doing my business in front of you." I closed the door behind me, going to my room, and finding my chest of glorious green nearly empty. I had enough to stuff a dry herb vaporizer once, and that was it. I didn't realize I was so low. I packed the remaining weed into the pax system, and activated the heat on my phone. I went back to Kelsea's room, helping her back from the bathroom. I handed her the pax, letting her take a draw off it. Once she got her fill in, she was high as a kite. It didn't last too long, as she fell asleep soon after. I turned it off, placing it in the drawer on her nightstand, and sat beside her for a moment. I put her under the covers, and pressed a kiss to her forehead, and left her to be.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE BREAK. I've been so busy having to train a new service dog and with that and wrestling school AND college on top, i haven't had ANY time to write!

By the way, if anyone follows Lucha Underground, and knows Cage, he is like the ultimate daddy ever. Look at these two ❤️

Awhmaggod I feel so sorry for her first boyfriend who breaks her heart!