"You promised we never crossed paths again"she said as she stepped down.

"I know,but times change."

"Really?Is that the cliche line you use to justify for your life,times change."she scoffed

"Worth a try,right?"

"I came to talk to my father,not your mate."I said

"Do expect on staying?"

"We'll see"I said.I walked past her as I felt her arm grip my forearm

"Your not on your own territory"She reminded me.My bitch face came out and my nose scrunched up in disgust.

"Shut up"I said pulling my arm from her grip

"And touch me like that,i'll hurt you."I threatened.I walked past the threshold of my home and I heard shuffling,clamoring and then a voice

"Eva"

"Cris"

"What are you doing here?Daniel is pissed"

"I came to talk to him"

"Why?"He asked.I darkened my eyes and I crossed my arms

"Because it's important"I said.He nodded

"He most likely knows you're here"

"I know"

"And what are you going to do about that?"

"Face him"

Face my fears

My enemy

My nightmare.

"He's outside in the backyard"He said.I nodded softly and tried to walk towards him

Long narrow hallway,and itch in my throat and the constant throbbing of my heart,sometimes I wish I could just close my eyes and imagine that I was safe,but when I close my eyes all I see is Clifford,and then I crave for the hum.The perfect note,that sends chills to my very core,playing my nerves like a harp.

"Evangeline"He said

"We need to talk"I said

"About"

"You."

"Clifford isn't going to let this go.You pissed him off,hell pissed me off.I'm warning you,that we need to be prepared"I said

"Why would you help me?Why would I listen to the daughter that ran away from me"He said admiring the golden flowers.I remember when my mother gave me those flowers.Her favorite flowers,the flowers that only we can see.Every other human would look at these and grab the clippers,because they were considered as weeds.Everyone tried explaining what weeds are by colors and shapes and drawing but to us,they always came up as a golden flower.It resembled a rose and smelled like whatever we wanted.It was a personal preference for everyone.It smelled like your fondest memory.To me it smelled like fudge.

When I was little I remember my mom making fudge and I couldn't stay away.She said to was bad for me before bed but I did.When I woke up in the middle of night with nightmares she held me in her arms and she told me tales about warriors and alphas and before you knew it.I always wanted to eat fudge before sleeping.I loved it when she curled me in her arms and tell me stories.

"Why should I help the father that beat me?"

"Maybe I should just go."I mumbled

"But I have to know why"I said.