trois

A FLIRTATIONSHIP !

HER MOUTH DROPPED OPEN. "Say what now?" Johnny scans Mackenzie's face before softly chuckling. She added on a fake chuckle then began to fiddle with her acrylics, scratching the nail polish off.

"I know, I know, it's shocking. But, I really need your help on this. So please." He pleads, hoping his best friend will agree.

Johnny really likes the girl he met, and really wants to begin a relationship with her.

A pang of hurt hits Mackenzie, she wanted to say no for some apparent reason but she didn't want to let her best friend down. He is relying on her to help him. And that's what she is going to do.

For some reason Mackenzie felt a bunch of different feelings attack her at once, she felt sad and hurt. And maybe a bit of jealousy. She's never felt this way when Johnny spoke about a girl.

"Thank you, Kenzie. You're the best, best friend in the whole entire world. Also, I have the idea but I need help setting up." She nods, Johnny taking that as a signal to go on.

"My idea is that I set up a little movie in this large park on the back of my dads old truck, we'll cuddle and all that. Then, I'll make up something and say I want another drink, I go and grab my gift and flowers for her then ask the question."

Mackenzie felt a wave of shock come over her. She felt like crying. She remembers laying down with Johnny by her side, talking about how she wanted her first date to go. This is exactly what she came up with in her head, is Johnny trying to kill her?

"Sure, when are you planning on asking her out?" He looks at his phone for a few seconds then switches it off, making eye contact with Mackenzie again.

"On Friday, are you free after school?" She nods, and right now she wishes she wasn't. Johnny grinned, forcing her to put on a fake smile.

He seems so happy about it and Mackenzie can't even feel one little bit of happiness for him, her emotions are playing up. "I'll see you then, I'm going to class now, bye." She quickly said, getting up. This is the last place she wanted to be.

Johnny grabbed her wrist, wondering where she had to be. "Break goes on for at least another fifteen minutes, why are you rushing?"

Mackenzie cursed under her breath, how could she come up with a believable excuse. "I need to talk to a teacher. I'll see you later, Johnny."

He waved but Mackenzie had already ran out. He ran a hand through his hair, that's his best friend. She thought he wouldn't sense when somethings up with her.

Once Mackenzie ran out of the cafeteria she sighed heavily. What is happening to me? Mackenzie thought.

Friday afternoon came by and Mackenzie stuck to her word, saying she'd help Johnny out. "John, let me do it. No, you're doing it wrong, just let me-"

"No! Kenzie I want to be useful!" He whined, pouting at her. Mackenzie raised her hands in defence and took multiple steps back. Johnny then tabbed the the fairy lights and attempted to hang them up. She couldn't help but laugh at his failure.

He glares straight at her. "Then you try, Kenzie. It's harder than it looks!" She rolled her eyes, and snatched the lights from him, successfully hanging them up.

A smirk was playing on her lips, she walked closer to him as a way of intimidation. "Just admit it, John. Girls are better than boys, sorry but it's the truth."

He smiles down at her and steps a little too close, making Mackenzie's heart beat a thousand times faster. She breathed heavily and looked straight into his eyes. Those damn eyes.

Johnny's corners curve upwards into a soft smile, showing off his pearly whites. His warm, soft hand is placed on her waist and by now there was no space between them left.

Johnny leans in closer, almost nearing her lips, is it bad she wants this?

"John! John! I'm here, where are you?" A loud, obnoxious voice spoke.

Audrey Stone.

That's the girl he was all crazy for, the girl in the corner at the party, the girl Mackenzie told him to talk to. His eyes widen, the brunette just shoved him off and left the scene.

Mackenzie ran into the woods, leaning against a tree, crying into her hands. Her best friend found somebody else to make him happy, and that hurts.

Don't I make him happy? She thought.

"Yes, yes! I'll be your girlfriend!" Audrey squealed, making Mackenzie even more upset. She brushed the dirt off her and sped out of the park.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

my baby 😔
date nadia instead 🥵🥵