Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Fuckers," Alice spat.

"Agreed," I sneered. "You're not a dog, Alice."

"And now you want to use this same technology on us?" Bella said, arching a brow. "We're not dogs, either."

"Well," I said, my body changing and I changed into a pure white husky. Bella rolled her eyes as I sat next her, my tail wagging. Bella giggled as she rubbed behind my ears and I snuggled closer.

"Are you going to start humping her leg, Eddie?" Emmett laughed. I shot him a look, changing back into my fae form. I sent a magical snowball to him, smacking him in the forehead. "The hell?"

"I'm not going to hump her leg, asshole," I snorted, rolling my eyes. Bella giggled, moving to sit on my lap and kissing my neck. I held her tightly. "Who will be chipped?"

"I think that Marcus, Carmen and anyone who is working among humans," Emmett said. "Also, we think that you and Bella should be chipped, too."

"We're not using the implant that my parents created, right?" Alice asked, her nose wrinkled.

"No. We're using it as a guide to create new ones. We've got four created. I've also created an app to be able to track the chips," Jasper said. "We can implant the chips into Lord Edward and Lady Bella, with Carmen and Marcus."

"How soon until we have more chips?" I questioned.

"A week or so? We'll have four more," Jasper replied. "I can inject you all now."

"Will it hurt?" Bella whispered.

"No more than a flu shot," Jasper answered. He got up and we followed him into the well-stocked med clinic. He took out a large syringe and Bella wrinkled her nose. I squeezed her hand and sat down. Jasper loaded up one of the chips, lifting my arm. "Make a muscle." I flexed my arm and he shot it into my bicep. It stung a little bit, but no more than a flu shot, like he'd described. He took out his cell phone, opening up the tracking app. He smiled, showing the screen to me. "It tells you exactly where you're at, the location, using satellite navigation."

"How accurate is it?" Bella asked.

"To the millimeter," Jasper replied. He turned to Bella. "With you, I think we'd need to inject it into your thigh. You're not as muscular as Edward in the arms." He prepared a new syringe, blinking to me. "You want to do it, Edward?"

"Yeah," I answered, taking the syringe. He left. I helped Bella onto the table. She eyed the syringe. "It doesn't hurt, sihrena."

"Liar," she said. "I saw you flinch and I felt the pain in your bicep," she said, gulping. I smiled, kissing her tenderly and fully distracting her. When she was relaxed, I injected the chip into her leg. She squeaked, looking down and scowling. "Tricky, Edward. Very, very tricky."

"What were you focused on, Bella?" I snickered. "Come on, love. We've been chipped. I want to take some time ensure that I didn't hurt you."

"Is that a euphemism for making love?" she giggled.

"Yes," I said, picking her up. She kissed me, blinking us up to our suite.

xx TMW xx

Weeks passed and everyone in our inner circle had been chipped. We received word from creatures all over the country, putting a stop to dark creatures who were practicing magic in the open. The worst was the vampires. They were feeding from humans, draining them dry and leaving their desiccated bodies in plain sight.

"We need to put a stop to this," I growled. "How many bodies? How many humans have been killed from these rogue vampires?"

"Too many," Eleazar hissed. "There's a great deal of activity in large cities, mainly Chicago, New York and Los Angeles."