deux

A FLIRTATIONSHIP !

HER FINGERS GRIPPED THE straps of her school bag as she walked into school. Mackenzie wasn't feeling it today, she slept at Four O'Clock in the morning because she was binge watching Brooklyn Nine Nine. She had to drive herself to school today because Johnny didn't pick her up. Normally they carpool together to save gas but he didn't show up.

Mackenzie approached her friends Nadia, Lauren & Annie who were standing in a small circle having a conversation. They're a small but tight group, they've stuck together since preschool. Lauren is actually Johnny's twin sister.

Mackenzie's mother and their mother met in hospital, all three of them were born on the same day. Every year for the last 16 years they have celebrated together.

If she hadn't met them Mackenzie would've been an antisocial freak who had no friends, they're really adventurous and love living life to the fullest. That's what she loves about them.

The three girls broke off the conversation and turned to Kenzie, greeting her with warm smiles and side hugs. "Hey Kenzie, how are you?" Nadia smiled.

"I'm good I guess, it's a Monday morning so I'm really tired though," She explained, smiling at Nadia and Lauren's interlocked hands.

They're both dating.

"Johnny's been going on about some girl he met, it's ticking me off." Lauren mentioned, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Mackenzie nods frantically, agreeing. "Me too! He won't shutup, and I honestly thought it would be some one night thing," All four girls begin to laugh at her comment.

Annie glanced behind Mackenzie, trying to not make it obvious that she's looking over her shoulder. Johnny and Hayden had just walked in and Annie has had the hots for him since forever.

"Anns, what're you looking at?" Mackenzie raised her eyebrows, looking over her shoulder.

Johnny met her gaze and sent a soft smile her way, waving his fingers. She smiled back at her best friend then swiftly spun around to face her friends.

"I wonder what hair products Hayden uses for his fluffy hair," Annie gushes on, unaware her friends are around her. Kenzie, Lauren and Nadia laugh at their best friend while she turns as red as a tomato.

"You've got the biggest crush on him, holy!" Nadia exclaimed, Annie softly shoved her.

"And Kenzie, I'm guessing Johnny is your crush." Lauren smirked, but Kenzie immediately shook her head.

"No, he's my best friend, Lauren. I would never even think about even having the slightest feelings for him." She raises her hands in defence before shrugging.

Annie then adds on to the conversation. "No matter what, I'll always want you and Johnny together."

The day flew by pretty quickly, after the first two classes Kenzie found herself entering the cafeteria, she recognised Johnny and quickly sped over to him. Mackenzie dropped down on the seat beside him and nudged his side softly to notify she's here. Johnny snapped his head towards her, smiling.

"Kenzie, just the person I wanted to see," He grinned. She rose her eyebrows, feeling a bit confused.

"Why?"

He took a deep breath in and fumbled with his fingers. Kenzie sensed his nervousness and grew curious, she's wondering what he has to tell her. "I need you to help me something," He informed her.

Mackenzie bit her lip. "What's this 'something' I need to help you with?"

"Well.. I need you to help me ask somebody out."

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

bitch better say no 😳😳