Prologue

21 Years Ago on the Planet Ultris......

Alvara sprinted through the halls of the castle. She couldn't believe what she just saw, she couldn't believe that her sister would join the dark side. Ever since Alvara's coronation, her sister turned distant, they barely talked, and sometimes they wouldn't even look at each other. Alvara blamed herself mostly, but she was too worried about her newborn child, Luna, to think of it. She knew that she couldn't kill her sister without real evidence of her turning or else Azimuth, her husband, and her would be executed. If her sister even survived the attempt on her life, that would give her the power she craved for.

With Alvara's golden hair, a common trait the Starborn clan, and white cloak trailing behind her, she busted through the white, metal doors of her bedroom, nearly scaring the Force out of Azimuth in the process. As she dashed over to Azimuth, she glanced at the white marble of the oval-shaped room which glistened when a crack of lightning flashed across the night sky. She was relieved when she noticed the heavy, metal doors to the balcony were locked. No one would be intruding from there.

Azimuth, like herself, was a Gray Jedi. Unlike her, he was taken by the Jedi Order, but eventually left and returned to Ultris. Alvara loved the brown-haired man to death ever since she first laid eyes on him. He was so kind and gentle, especially towards their daughter. She knew the bulky man would defend them until his final breath.

In his arms was Luna in a white bundle of soft blankets. One her tiny hands clutched her father's white and gold robes. Azimuth would've chuckled at Luna if he didn't see the frightened face of his wife.

"What is it Alvara?" He asked. Tears threatened to leak from Alvara's ocean eyes.

"I-It's my sister. I saw her with red lightsabers, I heard her..." Alvara stopped, shocked. Her gaze fell on her beautiful daughter. Her shaking hands reached to touch Luna's golden, wispy hair. Her daughter giggled, opening her sky blue eyes. "She's going to kill us...and Luna." She said in barely a whisper with her voice wavering.

Azimuth held his daughter closer protectively. "We will protect her Alvara." He reassured.

Alvara grasped the Light Amulet that hung on a golden chain around her neck. The circular pendant was made of an unknown metal. Etched into the cold metal was an angular design with a notch of gold at the top. The amulet was a powerful family heirloom. Many secrets and hidden powers were locked up inside the pendant. Alvara wished she would've been able to give the necklace to Luna in a peaceful time, but she knew that would never happen now.

"Yes, protect her you must." A soft yet ancient voice came from the closed balcony doors.

The parents turned around and spotted The Grandmother, an advisor of Alvara. The short tan-skinned woman wore a blush red and white, frayed robe. Her light gray hair was tied into three ponytails, two small ones in the front and a thick one in the back. In her wrinkled hands, she held a wooden staff that was a foot taller than her. A wooden knot and two white and black feathers were at the end of the staff.

The wise woman was very secretive for unknown reasons. There wasn't much information on her except that she's really kriffing old, has a strong connection with the Force, and she only comes to visit when bad things are about to happen.

Azimuth nearly jumped out of his skin. "I really hate how she appears out of nowhere like that." He grumbled.

The Grandmother minced over to the couple. She hummed as she closed her gray eyes. "I have foreseen this child's future. You must hide her in the southern hemisphere and train her in the ways of the Force, prepare Luna for her destiny." The Grandmother opened her eyes. "One day you will be slane by your sister Alvara." The Grandmother warned.

Alvara and Azimuth shook upon hearing her words. "What destiny?" Azimuth questioned, with a hint of anger building in his voice. He clutched Luna tighter.

The Grandmother ignored him and continued in a low voice. "Tell the people of Ultris that your child is dead, hide her away immediately, never tell Luna of her royal heritage."

Alvara and Azimuth glanced at each other and then at Luna. Before they could ask The Grandmother any more questions, she was gone.

"I hate it when she leaves," Alvara mumbled.

Placing Luna in Alvara's arms, Azimuth walked to his dresser and grabbed the ancient Gray Jedi artifact, Moira's Box. The cube was big enough to put a hand in. Designs of stars and planets were carved into the silver and blue cube. On one edge of the light box was a metallic string. On one side of the cube was a groove in the metal. The groove flashed blue when Azimuth's finger grazed it.

Tying the box to his belt, he turned to Alvara. "We must leave, now. "

Alvara nodded in agreement as Azimuth slid on his brown cloak. "Yes, we should." She whispered, kissing Luna's forehead.

In her head, she vowed to protect her daughter as long as she could. She promised to bring joy to her life before she passed. She will teach everything that she knows. And more importantly...

She will prepare her for her destiny.