In Which Agatha Is Ignorant And Annoying As Usual

Ch. 8 (Agatha's POV): In Which Agatha Is Ignorant And Annoying As Usual

I'm waiting for Simon, to tell him he just can't come to my house for Christmas. It would ruin the whole thing! He usually comes to my house for the entirety of Winter Break. Even before we were dating, the Mage asked my parents in second year and they said yes. It was fate.

As I'm sitting there, outside Mummers House, Penelope Bunce comes flying through the doors and I leap to my feet, "what the heck are you doing here, Penelope?!" I know she's one of Simon's best friends, but how did she get through the gender barriers?!

And then it hits me, she must be dating Simon! That boyfriend thief!

I know I broke up with Simon, but she cannot just go and do that to me, I thought we were friends!

"Oh, hey, Agatha!" she says, "I could ask you the same thing, you were the one to break it off with Simon, or did I mishear..."

How dare she act like nothing just happened?! "Excuse me?" I retort, "says the one who is now dating my ex-boyfriend!"

To my total disgust, Penelope laughs, hard. She's doubled over with laughter, practically screaming. People are starting to look our way. There goes my reputation.

"You think," she says between bursts of giggles, "that I am dating Simon Snow?!"

"Yes!" I say, angrily.

"Oh my god, you really don't know anything, do you?"

"What?" I splutter, "of course I know things!"

She brushes past me, "oh Agatha, you know nothing. It's rather endearing that you can still be so oblivious, and you dated him for years!" she's still laughing.

"What?" I say, but she's already gone.