Chapter 61 ~ A Garden Kiss

Aw Guys! This is the last chapter! Can you believe it? I feel like it kind of crept up on me before I realized. But, do be sure to stick around for the Epilogue. It's very important. You don't want to miss it!

Also, the song above I found on accident while watching some MV's for a new Korean Drama to decide if I wanted to watch or no. I fell in love with the song and just couldn't get over how much it suited Wren. It became my inspiration for Wren and Leah's relationship and I thought you guys might enjoy a sneak peek of behind the scenes.

Chapter 44

Wren stared at the FBI agent sitting across the table from him. "You want me to become an agent?"

The man who had introduced himself as Oscar, nodded. "Hiring Callihan was one of the best decisions we have ever made. He understood the world we are trying to end better than most. You have even more skill than he did. The pay would be great and you would be helping your country."

Wren grappled with the proposition just offered him. Oscar pressed him further. "Callihan always kept an eye out for you, you know? The reason you didn't become a suspect when the hospital was attacked, was because of him. Did you know that?"

Wren blinked, his heart grieving as he listened. "I didn't."

"Well, with your record, you were at the top of the suspect's list. He intervened on your behalf, just like he did the night of his death. When it came to you, he didn't think straight. He realized you were in danger and ran to your rescue all alone. He was ordered to stand down and wait for a strike team, but his last words were, There's no time. I think Callihan would be very happy to know it was you that took his place."

Wren locked gazes with the agent, touched and troubled. "I would need some time to think about it," He said, finally," but even if I wanted to, I am bound to work for Tony Kingsley for another eight months or so."

Oscar raised his hands in a conciliatory manner. "There is no hurry. These gangs and human trafficking aren't going anywhere. Think it over, and contact me when you have decided."

Wren took the business card handed him. "I'll do that."

Twenty minutes later he was grateful to step into the sun's warm rays. He guessed it was past noon by the sun's positioning and wasted no time in hurrying to the red jeep waiting for him.

"That didn't take long," Dean grinned at him from the driver's seat.

"Nope. Thanks for waiting. I wasn't anxious to pay for a Taxi or wait for one."

"My pleasure. Besides, I'm looking forward to getting that mansion tour you promised."

Wren chuckled, already feeling lighter in the boy's presence. He enjoyed the wind blasting him from the open vehicle as they drove out of town. Dean didn't try to strike a conversation either which only made him appreciate the young man even more.

Finally, they pulled into the mansion's gates and stopped in front of the steps. Dean shut off the engine, turning to Wren with a grin. "Do you think Leah missed me?"

Not able to help himself, Wren laughed loudly. "I think you are hoping for too much!"

"I bet you're right."

The two made their way into the mansion where Wren instantly searched for his ward. Instead, his gaze found Fiona's as she walked slowly down the mansion's steps. She smiled with genuine pleasure at them.

"Who is this young man?" She asked in a kind manner as she reached the floor level.

"Fiona, meet Dean. Dean meet Fiona. I met him the night Leah disappeared. He helped me find her."