✩ chapter IV, act II ✩

"I know we haven't talked for two years but I think we're still in love."
chapter IV, act II  𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌

"Morning, sun," Nero grinned, sitting up on the bed, her knees apart as she rested on her heels.

The girl brushed Hvitserk's hair off his forehead with slight touches of her fingers before poking his cheek. She had woken up in an incredibly good mood, she would see Ubbe and Sigurd... and Ivar.

He only groaned in response, turning his face away from hers, he looked peaceful, and after the past night, that was an amazing improvement. She got up and began readying herself, braiding her hair and pulling on her usual linen tunics. Once she was done, she fastened her belt, allowing it to hang down her stomach and leg.

"Wake up, Hvitserk," she huffed, plopping down on the bed and slightly pushing him, the boy finally gave up and turned to look at her, smiling a little before rubbing his eyes, the corners of her lips curled up at the sight.

He reluctantly stood, wishing he could instead spend the entire day in bed with her, and in fact, he could, but he knew she was eager to see the others, to see how they were holding up after all the tragedies that had been entailing their lives.

She stared at him while he tried to get himself together, throwing his furs over his body and rubbing his face with his hands.

"Why are you looking at me that way?" he sighed, noticing her eyes on him and turning around to face her, one hand on his hip, she laughed at his pose, "Huh?"

She shrugged, throwing her head back a little, he smiled and pounced on the girl, pushing her back on the bed as he began poking her sides, causing the girl to roar with laughter as she crawled further into the bed, fearing that she would fall off and trying to get away from his grip.

He laughed as well, finding joy in making the girl smile and for the moment, he didn't have to worry about anything besides the two.

"Let's find your brother's, Vit," she squealed in between ragged breaths, her chest rising and falling quickly. He nodded, pecking her lips before throwing her over his shoulder, her body seemed to have adapted to the many times he had done it, the position was now... comfortable.

Walking out, he headed where Björn had said the boys were relocated. The girl only drew patterns on his back, gasping when he kicked a door open. He put her down and laced an around her waist, but not for too long as Ubbe shot up from his chair and ran towards the two, "Hvitserk! Nero!"

"Welcome home," Sigurd smiled, hugging the girl and pulling off the ground as she giggled, how they had missed that giggle. Ubbe then moved towards her, holding her face in his hands and kissing her forehead, she had never grinned so widely.

Nero glared at Margarethe, who waved kindly at her. The wolf didn't trust the girl, not one bit, gods forbid if the two ever encountered each other alone.

Vit looked at the blonde woman, his gaze loving, "I heard you freed Margarethe, you want to marry her, I'm glad."

Oh, yeah, Hvitserk was so glad. Nero almost scoffed.

"Just don't keep her all to yourself," Hvitserk ran his rand along the slave's cheek before moving to settle down.

Nero wasn't hurt... nor mad at his words, she understood, understood too deeply what went through his mind. She sat by him, smiling as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her into him.

The boys knew that the two would become even closer after the raid. Ubbe was smiling at the sight of his family, but his heart felt empty, they were orphans now, "It's good to have you two back. Have you heard about mother?"