✩ chapter II, act III ✩

"She will jump in the sea, you'll wish you're the water. "
chapter II, act III ✧ 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 

"So now you wish to speak to me, Vit — Hvitserk, after ignoring me throughout the whole feast?" she grunted, annoyed at the boy because of how he had treated her minutes before.

Both of their faces were splattered with blood due to the sacrifice, and to say that she thought he looked immensely more handsome because of it, would be a misunderstanding.

Nero faced him, for the first time since they had toasted to the raid. Her eyes were dark, her feet were digging into the sand, feeling the ocean. She had lost her furs through the night, her neck and shoulders were completely bare, chills cursed her skin.

She allowed her head to fall to her chest, she knew she couldn't want them both. But Ivar clearly wanted someone else... so was it that wrong of her to want Hvitserk?

The boy had followed her all the way to her 'house', trying to get her to say something, anything, "I — I don't know what you could possibly want from me, Hvitserk. I mean — all the Ragnarssons are in love with that servant."

"Why does that bother you, love?" Vit slurred, he was drunk, and she was drunk.

She raised her head, staring at the starry sky, the sounds of waves crashing around them made her smile.

She turned to face the boy, her dark hair that was now loose whisked at her face, her honey eyes lit up when meeting his. He had never called her that before, she loved it.

"Because — I don't share," he didn't answer, instead, threw her over his shoulder and walked the long path back to the cabin, "it's become — becoming a bad habit of yours — to — to ignore me, you know?"

"I am not ignoring you, wolf," he smiled, even though she couldn't see it, instead, she trailed her fingers in patterns across his back, watching the muscles move with a grin.

Their drunkenness making everything amusing to them and of course, their sense of time became completely altered.

"I musht clean up, Serk!" she huffed, with his free hand, he unlaced his furs and threw them in the sand, a wicked smile on his face as they stopped close to the great hall, but far enough so that the people still feasting wouldn't notice them.

He climbed up the docks, and with one quick move, he threw the girl into the sea, taking off his shirt before diving in right after her.

Her body hit the cold water, and surprisingly enough, even in the midst of winter, it felt great, she came to the surface gasping for air, laughing a little, "Nice murder attempt."

"You were the one to say you needed to cleanse," he chuckled, coming up to her side as she placed her hands on his shoulders, to keep her head out of the water, though he could reach the bottom, she couldn't, so she relied on him.

"Yeah but the feast is already going on and I wish to drink as much mead as I can before I die." she smiled, poking his cheek, his wet hair stuck to his forehead and so did hers, she grinned at the sight, both of their skins glowing under the moonlight, "Also — I am — mad at you."

"Why is that?" Vit questioned, his hands moving to her waist to hold her above the water. The girl squealed away from his grasp and swam where she could reach the bottom.

She quickly slipped off her wet dress, not wishing to damage it any further as her drunkenness inhibited her from feeling anywhere near ashamed, the water still covered all her body. She swam next to the dock, placing the material above it.