Chapter 19: We're Married

I was just staring at Storm while he was combing his hair in front of the full length mirror. He smelled fresh from the bath. It was the day of his departure for the business trip that he had been talking about last time.

"Sabihin mo lang kay Manang Linda kapag may kailangan ka," bilin niya sa akin. I just nodded my head.

I watched him leave the house with his car. Nakadungaw lang ako sa bintana hanggang sa mawala sa paningin ko ang kotse niya.

Isang linggo ang nakalipas. I woke up without hearing somebody singing and playing the guitar in the room. Hindi ko alam kung kailan ako masasanay na wala siya samantalang ganito naman palagi kapag out of country si Storm.

I scrolled down my contacts and searched for Kirby's name. I decided to call him.

"The number you have dialed is out of coverage area..."

"C'mon, Kirby, why can't I contact you?" inis na sabi ko sa cell phone ko.

I called him three times but the phone just answered the same thing.

I started going to school this week but it was a Holiday today so I ended up keeping myself stuck in this room. Storm had enrolled me to the school where he graduated as a Cum Laude before he left for his business trip.

I felt so lonely!

***

"Oo, ako na ang bahala... Mag-iingat ka riyan... Sige..."

My eyes were just fixed on Manang Linda who was now talking to Storm on the telephone. Storm was out of the country since last week, and he wasn't around for almost two weeks now. I missed his presence in the house because I had no one to talk to. I never talked to Storm on the telephone. Si Manang Linda ang lagi niyang nakakausap.

Here I was in the kitchen, eating my breakfast when he called Manang Linda. I drank my milk after I chewed my sandwich. I was already wearing the uniform required by the school.

"Manang, I have to go na!" I told Manang Linda and quickly grabbed my black leather handbag.

"Sige, ingat ka, anak," she told me.

I walked fast as I hurried up heading to my car. I started the engine and drove fast. This would be my second week in my new university so it was a bit easy to navigate the road towards the school unlike my first days.

***

"Hi, Fara." I lifted up my gaze to the woman with blonde hair and fair skin standing in front of me. She was my classmate on my other subject. "May I share a table with you?" she asked for my permission.

I nodded my head and said, "Sure."

I was an irregular student because there were some subjects in this university that I hadn't taken at my former university in Las Vegas. So here I was in the canteen, waiting for my next subject.

"By the way, I'm Chloe Rivera." She introduced herself as she sat on the chair opposite me.

"Fara Ox―Hunt. Fara Hunt." Hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin ako sanay sa bagong surname ko.