"Is something wrong?" My tone is quiet but affirmative, I will not be intimidated by this boy.

"You really have to ask?" He grumbles angrily, a complete change from the soft greeting I received from him only moments ago.

"Yes, I do. Are you going to answer me?" I stare intently at him from the side, his hair still in his eyes, dark circles under his eyes, prominent cheek bones and a slight from tugging at his lip. He glances at me and sighs.

"You know, you're driving me crazy. Last night..." Before he finishes I let a laugh out of me, one of outrage and hurt. He doesn't glance at me this time, he looks straight at me.

"I'm driving you crazy!?" My voice is shrill. "Don't you even start about last night Brandon, you don't get to play last night off like it hurt you, okay?! You made your shitty choice, so now you deal with it." His words swim back to me. "She hasn't been my girlfriend since the day she basically assaulted you. I can't be with someone like that. What she said was cruel and unnecessary."

He is quiet, pondering. "Would you like help setting up the furniture?" I nod, knowing words will betray me, and suddenly I feel exhausted. These mood swings are killing me. "How are they?" He whispers. I glance side ways at him again. "Agitated. Restless." I rest my arms on my belly and I wake one of them, the kick at my arm until I move it and rub my belly to sooth them. We pull up at the house, only this time Brandon drives further around until he is parked nearly in front of my door. He cuts the engine and looks and me, and I at him. His eyes are molten gold, intense, burning.

"Oh, Lily." He sighs again, and reaches out, grazing his knuckles across my cheek. I close my eyes and learn into his hand. He tilts my head up towards his face and I open my eyes, shocked by how close he is to my face. "I am sorry you know, she shouldn't have been here." I blink, startled, but deep inside I am aware that he has me here and not her.

I bite my lip and cast my eyes down ward, "I know. Let's go build some baby furniture together." He grazes his lips across my temple and is then out of the car, and at my side, opening the door and holding it for me. I climb out and scramble to unlock the door, electricity pulsating through me.

*********************************************************************************************************************

I laugh, unable to help it. Brandon glares at my quietly. "I'm sorry." I giggle again. "This is the last bit I need to screw in." He mutters. Three hours later and Brandon has only finished constructing two cots, a dresser, a changing table and a small wardrobe. The twin pram sits proudly in the living room and I frown at how much room it takes up. We are in the spare room, now nursery, and I finish packing the clothes for Aurora and Alfie away, smiling quietly at the rare happiness I feel. This feels normal and although he would probably refuse to admit it, I know Brandon is enjoying himself. It is only 2;30pm and I am done for the day.

"We need to discuss somethings." Brandon announces as he pushes the cot beside the other on the wall facing the door.

I raise an eyebrow. "Like?"

"I wasn't joking when I said I will help raise these kids. I know last night was a blip, and we can talk through that but I was serious, so I wanted to discuss the options. Do you want me to sleep on the sofa to help with night feeds or whatever, especially if there are two little rascals?" His voice is a low murmur as he walks towards where I am sitting and his hands curves around my belly, and it's like they know as they wake at his touch and kick against his hands.

"That's unfair." I mumble, shy due to his proximity and how seductive his voice seemed.

"What's unfair?" He whispers, trailing his hands up my arms, lightly grazing his finger tips over my skin leaving goosebumps in his wake.

I mumble again, "sleeping on the sofa."

I know he smiles without looking at him, "Well, if you had any better idea, I'm not sure I would object." I can even hear his amusement in his voice.

"Sofa it is." I mutter. His hands are resting on the base of my neck and I cannot think straight.I bit on my lip to distract myself, however it only distracts him and he slowly moves his hands gracefully up my neck until his delicate fingers are under my chin pulling my face up to his. He searches my eyes intently, and he is also asking permission and I grant him so. He slowly moves towards me and then his lips are on my cool and shocked, until my hands slid up into his hair, crushing his face to my own. Suddenly the kiss deepens and soon I am gasping for air.

"Jesus woman." He laughs, a Cheshire smile spreading across his face, lighting him up like an angel.

"Care to share what is making you so happy?" I can't help but smile back at him, his good mood is infectious.

"Soon it will be four of us."

I wonder, how soon?