Chapter 5: Sunday Church

Start from the beginning

"It's gonna be OK." Rose told me as she got up to go outside.

I laid on the couch stroking Oscar until Headmistress Kirova came in. "Hello Amelia." "Hel-lo He-Headmistress Kirova." She walked towards me with a cylinder and injected my arm with a sedative. I was too weak to protest and I was out like a light.

Later that day in History with Mr. Meisner, Rose came in to join Natalie, Lissa and I.

"Pipe down. Let's pick up where we left off. After the Tribunals in Romania..." Mr. Meisner paused and stared at Mia, "Mia! You're usually a lot better at passing on notes. Having an off-day?"

In mid note passing Mia replied in the fakest voice ever, "Oh, no, Mr. Meisner, please don't read this note out loud, I beg of you."

Mr. Meisner used air magic to rip the note out of her hand and fly into his. He read it aloud, "I'll bet you that drama queen, I mean, drama guardian, killed that fox herself to distract the school from her real secret." I looked down sad, while Lissa rubbed her back and Rose clenched the desk.

"Don't go on." Mia said as she smirked, Lissa then cut in, "Mr. Meisner, you're being used as a tool to broadcast Mia's vile propaganda."

"Are you calling me a tool?" He replied, "If she's not I will." Rose replied, "What was that, Hathaway? Now I'm curious, 'So, it turns out the reason Amelia survived so long on the outside is she used Rose as a personal feed bag.' (Everyone starts murmuring) Settle Down!"

I looked down at my desk, depressed because it was true. I used Rose as a blood bag while we were gone.

Mr. Meisner continued, "Dhampir-Dhampir mastication is a very serious allegation. I'm gonna pretend I never read this. Everyone turn to page three of your handout." Rose used one arm to side hug me while I opened my handout.

"Thanks Sis." I muttered.

"But, Mr. Meisner, you left out the best part. About me and my boy, Jesse, and those Dhamp Tramps last night." Ray announced to Mr. Meisner. "What?" Rose said, "Truth hurts, Blood Whores." As Ray and Jesse smirked at us.

"Hot! Hot!" Ray shrieked as he blew up in flames.

"Christian, Cut it out!" Mr. Meisner yelled.

I looked down to where Christian sat concentrating on Ray.

"Kindly report to Headmistress Kirova's office, Mr. Ozera. Down the hall, turn left." Mr. Meisner sternly said. "Like I need directions." Christian snapped back as he got up and grabbed his bag and walked to the door while I was staring at him thoughtfully with a smile on my face and love in my eyes.

When he got to the door and opened it he nodded toward Mr. Meisner and the note went up in flames.

Practically the rest of the class I thought about him. 

As we were leaving when the bell rang, Rose tried to talk with me about what happened, "Amelia, Amelia, wait up." "Not here, not in front of everyone."

Natalie and Lissa came through the doorknob walked past, "What was that back there? Fire magic in class?" Rose asked. Mia walked out the door and saw us, "Uh-Oh. Lovers' quarrel." Mia's friend was behind her, "Rose, I bleed for you." "No, it's Rose who does the bleeding." Finished Mia, they then started laughing.

Rose tried to jump for her but I grabbed her and pushed her up against the wall, "You can't beat up everyone we have a problem with!" I exclaimed, "Well I can try."

"What is going on?" I asked as I looked into here eyes after I let go of her. "I told you, Jesse and I barely even made out, and Ray wasn't even there, so I don't know what he's talking about."