Chapter 3. Hell Of A Love

Y/N's P.O.V

      A couple days have flown by like the trees in the wind, but everything was calm like the ocean on a sunny day. But today, something was off. Like the way when you feel like you don't belong anymore, or that your friends are ignoring you. But it didn't feel right. Nothing did. . .

I stared out my clear glass window, staring at the blue rippling waves of the beautiful ocean. The sun rising above it, making it reflect onto the ocean of beauty and wonder. But the sky, it was the most gorgeous part of the morning; the way how it looked like it was painted on a canvas with the oranges to yellows to blues. It was a delightful way to get a morning going.

But as the day flew on, everything was soft and gentle, as was the team. That was until we wanted to do the training sequence. . .

~*~*~*~

"{Y/N}! Come on! Just join us, not like your going to hurt anyone!" Beast Boy shouted with excitement about my powers. But deep down, I knew I couldn't do this, I couldn't hurt them. I may not like them that much, but the way they care, is unlike any other family I've ever had. I looked over at Damian, who sent me a nod of encouragement.

I reluctantly nodded my head at Beast Boy's plead, my mind instantly screaming at me to back out, else someone will get hurt. But pushing away all of my negative thoughts, I pushed forward and followed the Team to the training room with Damian close by my side.

Out of everyone on the team, Damian knew my secrets and fears, my family, the deaths, my dreams, my hopes, he knew everything. Though I could see through Damian's mask, he was really a sweet protective guy who just wanted to feel love. We knew each other since the beginning and hopefully till the end.

Once we arrived, everyone had started taking turns doing the training sequences. But me, I couldn't do it, I couldn't hurt them, I couldn't risk it.

"{Y/N}, your turn. You haven't tried it yet, and you haven't proved yourself." Starfire spoke, trying to get me to try and prove myself to everyone. I shook my head 'no' and kept watching Damian fight the villains. She sighed, she was clearly stressed about it, I didn't know why, I just don't feel like proving myself if someone's going to get hurt while doing it.

Then Raven came over, clearly irritated. That's when she stood in front of me with fire burning bright and fiercely in her eyes. "Listen, we're trying to help you and your pushing us away. We are a family, we may not be related by DNA, but who said that DNA makes a family, what about loyalty?" She clearly wasn't finished but I interrupted, "Ever thought that you and the others pushed me away and treated me differently, but Damian." The fire building up in me, clearly ignited and ready to burn someone.

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave her a death glare, clearly not going to deal with her. She only scoffed, her hands illuminated by a purple ball surrounding her hand. I rolled my eyes at how fast she got annoyed by my statement, I really didn't want to deal with her if she was going to act childish about something when I told her the truth.

Her jaw clenched as well has her hands, she was ready to fight. As ready as I was, I didn't want to hurt her. We might not be on the same terms, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hurt someone.

In the midst of my thoughts, Raven hit me with one of her purple energies, clearly not going to deal with it, bur she just crossed the line. She just let out a piece of hell you can't bury. I got up from the ground, now ready to fight and hurt someone.

She only kept firing at me, causing everyone to look our way in surprise. I rolled my eyes and with the flick of my wrist and a point of a finger, they all went flying her way, hitting her one by one. She let out a ear piercing scream, I sent a death glare her way when she slowly got back up, still burning for a fight. I let out a dark chuckle, "How does the taste of your own medicine feel like?" She growled, flying into the air with her purple energies around her hands, "Come here and fight me! Show them how bad you really want to kill someone!" She spat, poison lacing her voice.

The fire in me burning brighter then ever before, my eyes glowing with a magenta, my hands illuminated by the purple fire of magenta, the fire like magenta was half way up my legs, I knew what was going to happen was going to be a mistake, but I couldn't stop this. It went too far, past my mind, past my sanity.

I chained Raven to the ground with magenta flames, she fell to her knees, her screams only getting louder and louder with each that second past. A smug look decorated on my face as her body was littered with fresh bruises and cuts, it felt good to hurt someone. It was good to be back. . .

But that's when I felt a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it to get my attention. When I looked over, it was Damian. Worried itched his face, he knew I couldn't control this. I couldn't control the demons that whispered and persuaded, they were pure evil, like a crazed man killing a baby out of pure joy or boredom.

Realization suddenly hit me, I was hurting someone I cared for. I fell to my knees, all the magenta fire disappeared, like it was dust in the wind. Only Ravens rugged breaths and groans could be heard, I could feel everyone's glare piercing into my soul, I didn't know what I was doing. I couldn't stop it, it happened all too quickly.

I felt someone pull me into their chest, I didn't even realize I was crying till I felt the tears hit my thighs. My tears were like a rogue waterfall, my hands were endlessly shaking, but the person rubbed my back reassuringly and soothingly. I looked up and saw Damian holding me close in a protective and caring manner. My heart warmed as the butterflies in my stomach danced, but then again, why would someone like him love me? I'm only a girl with a broken past.

He whispered sweet nothings in my ear, his grasp around me getting tighter, but in a protective manner. His touch on my back making me ache for more of it in a loving matter rather than a intimate manner. His breath warm tickled by cheeks as his soft gentle lips met my cheek. Heat rose to my face in embarrassment, he let out a chuckle. As his breath now traveled to my ear as he whispered in my ear, it was like symphonies playing beautifully. "{Y/N}, Beloved, everything is alright. I'm right here and you don't have to worry, I'm always going to be here protecting you, and caring for you. Everything will be alright, don't let this get to you, just smile through it, Beloved." he gently intertwined his fingers with mine as his soft gentle lips met with my forehead in a loving matter.

And for the rest of the day, it felt as if it was o let us against the world. . .