Awsten as a Parent

Your point of view

"You what?" I heard my husband, Awsten from the kitchen. I was cleaning the kitchen counter then I put the cloth at its place back, washed my hands, and see what was going on with Awsten.

Our daughter kept her hair covering her face. I knew when she was like this she felt guilty and ashamed or something. She looked down, right hand holding her own left arm.

"Look at our daughter, Y/N. She says she has a boyfriend"

Then I looked back at her.

"Well, you never really forbid me to have one. And mom, dad, he's a nice guy really" she pleaded

Awsten sighed and his two coloured eyes met mine. "You're right, Rosie"

And it was an awkward silence

"Okay.. You are allowed to date this guy"

"Thanks dad" Rose saidvin relief as she stroked her hair to the back of her ears.

"But-" Awsten continued

"I want you to be careful around him. No matter how much you love him and believe in him. Well it's important to have trust on each other but please, Rose" he put his hand on our daughter's shoulders and looked at her

"I don't want you to cry over that one boy, you locking yourself in your room just because he hurts you"

Rose smiled

"I just don't want you to be hurt okay. You're my big girl. Be strong and independent. If you feel like he makes you uncomfortable or he does something towards you that is disrespectful, talk to me okay" the he hugged her

I did the same

"And oh, we'd like to meet him. Right, Awsten?"

He simply nodded. "Tell him to come over at our house tomorrow for dinner" Awsten told Rose

...

The next day, on one evening, a knock on the door was heard. "Must be the boy. Awsten would you please open it? I'm preparing the table"

So, Awsten opened the door since I was still busy and Rose was changing to nicer clothes. The boy was 'on time' he came 10 minutes earlier. A nice trait.

(Awsten's point of view)

I opened the door an saw a pretty tall boy. He had a slightly long brown hair and eyes that looked kinda tired. He was wearing an army-green tshirt and black jeans. (I swear i wasnt describing jayden seeley) Simple but really neat and he smelled nice too.

"Hello, Mr Knight, nice to finally meet you" he greeted with a nice smile and shook my hand

"Hello what's your name? Rose hasn't told us"

"Uh it's Jayden" ((yep um i swear i wasn't describing jayden seeley i couldn't think of a name)) he had either Australian or British accent (*scratches hair* yep definitely not jayden withcon)

"Ah Jay, please have a seat" I closed the door that was behind the tall boy and sat on the sofa opposite the chair that he sat on

"Oh thanks Mr Knight" he shyly said

"Pfftt call me Awsten. A-WS-T-E-N"

"Uh, okay um, Awsten" he chuckled

"Rose Jayden is here" I called Rose out and she rushed downstairs, "Yeah I'm coming, Dad"

She shyly waved at Jay and sat on a chair next to him.

Y/N came with a tray of cups of hot tea. "Oh hello" she smiled. Damn my wife was hotter than the tea uh okay back to Jayden, this was serious business.

"Hello, Mrs Knight. I'm Jayden" he smiled. I looked deeply at this boy, while I fixed my glasses so that it could be on the right position ((like the gif))

This boy looked nice but everyone was like that. My exes all looked really kind but they all were actually shit. I was afraid that Jay could hurt Rose. But wow just by positioning my glasses and had serious face, Jay looked slightly terrified. I saw Rose putting her hand on top of his shaking one.

"Jayden, hm" she placed the tray "please call me Y/N" she gave him a hand and he shook it.

"The lasagna will be prepared on the dining table in five minutes. Please, don't be afraid to take a sip of the tea" Y/N was being nice. Well she was always kind and she had the most beautiful smile that everyone would feel comfy and safe around her.

She went back to the kitchen to prepare for the dinner.

"Jay, how old are you now?" I asked

"I am 20"

"When is your birthday?"

"I'll turn 21 in 3 months, exactly on November 19"

I just nod, "You two have an okay age difference"

We talked about stuff. About college and the fact that he played bass.

"Dinner is ready" Y/N called out

We all went to the dining table. We thanked for the meal then eat.

It was a rather comfortable-awkward-tense mixed up silence. "Mrs Knight, uh.. Y/N this is so delicious. I can taste the dijon mustard as well that you mixed with the cream chese for the top and middle layer"

Wow this boy was amazing

Y/N was so happy. "Thank you and I'm impressed. The dijon mustard was one of the least things I added"

By this I could 'conclude' that this boy was so aware which was nice. After dinner we talked about his small band, and MY band definitely, I got him to follow me on twitter yeah I did a shameless self promo, his dreams, their realtionship whether it was healthy or not.

Jay even helped Y/N washed the dishes. How thoughtful

"Thank you for having me, Awsten, Y/N, Rose. You're all really nice and kind"

"Bye love" Rose waved, and the boy drove home. Rose then helped her mom cleaning and she went to sleep.

"Hey" Y/N came out of the bathroom with a rose-gold robe

She sat next to me

"Jay is a nice person I can tell"

"But that doesn't mean I don't need to worry about Rose" I sighed

"Our Rose is big now. I mean, you're right, Awsten. I am afraid that she'll get hurt but that is life. I hope that if she ever falls, she learns how to get up. She's an independent woman"

"Yeah, Y/N"

Then I continued, "As a parent, I feel like I'm so protective towards our only child"

She pull me into a warm loving hug, "Well that's a good thing, means that you really care about her life"

After that, we shared a loving and longing kiss

"Love you, Y/N"

This sucks so much im cringing help
Anyways hello ppl it's Olivia here. I was @/mikeythebaesist but the acc got lost/ deleted so hey

I hope you like my imagines so far. Although I know they're cringy, requests are open. Just dm (:

Thank.you.for.voting.and.reading.and.your.comments.are.like.oxygen.to.me