16 Wanda

I am not very good at listening to orders. Or so that is what I am told. They brought out the teenagers, they're only a few years younger than I am. I look straight into the one with sea green eyes, staring at his soul. His mind is clouded, a million thoughts racing at once though all of them seemed to be pointing at an escape or distrust toward us.

I only had a few seconds to find where all of his distrust is coming from, but I am only able to breach the surface of what looks like a much deeper problem. An image flashes of a crimson world, the air is like sulfur and the ground seemed to be oozing and burning. I keep silent though I've never seen somewhere that looks like that.  I look into the one with darker eyes then, his are guarded and sad. There is someone fresh in his mind, a memory of a girl, probably around 13 or 14 years of age. Her hair is dark like his and her green hat seemed to match her eyes. She was wearing a thick jacket and a soft smile. I can sense he feels great love for her. But then there is a flash of something wrapped in fabric burning in the distance and an over whelming sense of grief. He lost her.

The last person u look at is the blonde girl. She seems bitter or angry. Her mind seems blocked off and more guarded. For her, I dig for her deep fears. I don't have much time left.

There is no visual memory, just a large empty void. I hear her voice screaming for the boy next to her. There is a strong feeling of loss and betrayal. She doesn't want to loose him. Is he always flirting with death? That that where her fears are from? It almost feels like a memory, but it can't be. Right?

By the time I'm done they had just been excused to their rooms and allowed to leave. I got little information but enough to say they aren't telling us a lot. I don't want to keep this to myself. I don't like keeping much anything to myself.

I pull pietro down an empty hall, far away from the group, "They are not telling us something," I say to him in our native language.

"Like they're lying?" He asks.

"No, no, like they aren't telling us the whole truth," I reply.

"You know you weren't supposed to go in their heads," he says.

"Of course. I didn't like what I saw anyway. I they're all so traumatized. The younger one of the two boy, he's lost someone important and I can't tell if he's gotten over it, it's not just that, his darkness is deeper. I didn't have the time to see it. The girl and the boy went somewhere horrible but I can't tell where," I say to jim. I can feel their emotions and they're so deeply pained. Those smiles were so fake, just like the ones all of us wear sometimes.  It's the one I wore for months while pietro was hook to the machines or the one I wore after my parents fell into an explosion.

I don't sleep. It's a known fact to most anyone. Most of the team usually looks at me with concern. But after a while they have learned not to bother me about it. I get enough that keeps me going and I don't complain. I'm more of a night owl anyway.

I watch out the window as the boy Percy sneaks out of the complex. I grab my jacket and follow after him. He heads a ways down the road but I don't follow for the rain is pouring down. Can't Thor do something about this?

I push my mind to Percy, following him that way. But he gets too far away. And thus isn't my place. I give him one last glance and feel a sense of his hurt.