6. That Night

SITTING ON MY BED THAT SANE NIGHT, reading through the series of information letters given to us earlier at the meeting, I can only think about Jordan. This isn't the London trip, it's the Jordan trip.

I go for a sip of my tea (I'm quite an exquisite lover of the milky brew) only to be disturbed by a ping tone from my phone. Expecting it to be an urgent question from Megan concerning which dress she should wear, I am speechless and shocked at the sight Jordan's name on my lock screen, with a preview of the message: "Hey there, thought I should ...". Immediately, I unlock my phone (passcode is 2205) and read the full message.

"Hey there, thought I should just let you know that I'm totally fine with sharing a room with you in London, you seemed a little disturbed earlier! Honestly I don't bite! Since we're gonna be sharing, I thought we might wanna get to know each other a little more? I've got a gig tomorrow night in the city, but I was wandering if you wanna hang with me in the city during the day, get a bite to eat and then come along to the gig? You don't have to go to the gig if you don't want to but I'd love the support! Anyway, sorry for being long winded but please do let me know if you do wanna come! :)"

Oh. My. Goodness.

He has practically asked me out on a date!! Well... ish.

Of course I want to go! Why would I not turn down the opportunity of a whole day with the love of my life? Well, I can think of many reasons.

Oh gosh, he'll be thinking I'm not wanting to go because I'm taking too long!

I type my reply message:

"Hey! Sorry if I seemed a little shy earlier, I'm not the best when it comes to socialising haha! I'd love to spend a whole day with you in the city, it'll be good to get to know you better and hopefully I'll come out my shell a little! And if course I'll go to your gig! I know a few guys that are going, so I shouldn't be too much of a loner haha! What are the plans then? ;)"

And... Send.

No! Why did I send a winking smiley instead of just a smiling smiley! He's gonna think I'm madly in love with him. I am, but that's not the point! Arghh... No turning back time- wait! He's typing! Oh my goodness he's eager, I'll give him that!

His message reads:

"So glad you can come Sam! Yeah, it'll be a good day, better get to know each other if we're sleeping together in the same room ;) Meet at the train station at ten and we'll go from there. Since I asked you, I'll take you to my favourite restaurant in the city, Pierre's, my treat! Can't thank you enough for coking along and so happy you're coming to the gig. Don't want to sound vein here, but just tell any bodyguards or whatever that your with me (they're very strict about who they let past) and come and get me backstage, we can go home together since we're the only ones who live in town together, don't want you wandering the streets of the city at night! Anyway, it seems I enjoy writing huge paragraphs for simple things! See you tomorrow at ten!"

He then sends a single message with his phone number. I'm paralysed with happiness, fear, dread, anxiety - all the emotions possible.

I send back one of those cute little Facebook stickers of the cat smiling and he sends back a sailor jumping with joy.

I take a sip of my tea and head for bed, preparing myself for the adventure ahead.

I save Jordan's number and send him a text telling him it's me. He texts back:

"Thanks bbz xxx"

I assume he is joking (if only he wasn't) so I send him back a cheeky smiley ":P".

My eyes begin their shutdown process as I settle myself in bed. I turn my phone off to resist the urge to get a hard on over his messages. Trust me, that could happen.

Bring him on.