Thought I'd start a new weekly thing called Recipe of the Week. This week's recipe is Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. Make the morning sweet!
. . .
What you will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- non-stick spray
- maple syrup (optional)
1) whisk together your flour, baking soda, salt, milk, egg, and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
2) mix brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3) put your brown sugar mixture into a pastry bag.
4) put your stove on medium heat and spray your pan with non-stick spray.
5) use an icecream scoop to make sure all your pancakes will be the same size. scoop up some pancake batter and put it in the center of your pan.
6) wait about two minutes. when the bubbles start to form in your pancake, get your pastry bag with the filling (brown sugar mixture) and, starting from the center of your pancake, swirl the mixture around until you reach the edge of the pancake.
7) wait another two minutes. then, flip your pancake over. wait one more minute then take your pancake off the pan.
8) repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for the rest of your pancakes.
. . .