one || news to me

Start from the beginning

                The anger and annoyance pulsing through her body caused Eleanor not to think about the strange sense of niceness Louisa Flint had shown. Rare kindness from a commonly unkind was definitely not enough to a stop an extremely ambitious Slytherin from feeling as if her life had fallen apart when her dream was taken away. Though, Eleanor supposed, it was only late to the party. Professional Quidditch had been her dream as a child but, in order to prove her Slytherin-hating family wrong, Eleanor had switched aspirations to aim for Minister, which was a job her parents would be far prouder of.

                Now she was off the team, Eleanor knew in her head that she would have more time to perfect the grades she supposedly needed to rule England's magical world. However, she knew in her heart that playing Quidditch was the only thing that kept her mind focussed from the War raging around that magical world. It was also the only way she could cling onto her childhood dream.

                So, it was no surprise to the four boys left after the Slytherin's exited, that the second Eleanor knew the cost was clear, that she picked up her pillow to muffle the scream she did into it. The boys absently thought it was a rather long scream, as they looked around the hospital wing, waiting for Eleanor to finish.

                As casually as could be, Eleanor placed the pillow behind her back and ran her hands through her hair to settle the frizz beginning to form. Calmly, she smiled at the amused Marauders in front of her and said, "I'm fine. But, uh, who hit me with that Bludger because I may have to commit first degree murder?"

                "Jordan Rickson. Ravenclaw, obviously." James stated, smirking at her. The two had bonded over their mutual love of Quidditch so he felt inclined to answer. "Although, I think your first degree murder can wait for some Death Eaters or something because poor Rickson was practically murdered by Madam Hooch for performing an illegal hit."

                "Which one?"

                "Bulgarian Spinch."

                Eleanor glared as if Jordan Rickson was stood in front of her – as if she was mowing him down with a motorbike, repeatedly. "What an areshole!"

                All boys nodded in agreement but Peter, admittedly, looked a little terrified that he'd be the one being mowed down if Eleanor's anger continued to increase. Noticing this was what cause Eleanor's face to soften and her body to flop back on the bed so she was sat lazily. Bitterly she made an in-thought comment about not needing good posture for the rest of the year anyway.

                "So are you actually alright, El?" Remus questioned. Eleanor looked at him with a sad smile on her face as she resisted the urge to ask him that; he was leaning desperately against her hospital bed as if he'd collapse without it and he had a brand new scar across his nose – she wondered what new epic yet entirely false story the boys would come up with when the first person asked how Remus gained it. They could hardly tell them the wound came from the Full Moon when he became a werewolf, no matter how obvious it was he was yet to completely heal from the latest one.

                Luckily a wince came from her mouth as she went to move yet again at the same time she began to ask Remus the question, her willpower wasn't strong enough to ignore her friends pain. She knew Remus would be annoyed though since he hated anybody making a big deal about his 'Furry Little Problem' – and by anybody, Eleanor meant herself, Lily Evans and his three fellow Marauders, the only other people who know besides his parents and Eleanor's.

                However, the wince brought Remus into action and he'd instantly handed her a potion. The boy began to explain the effects of it but he'd had it sold at 'softens pain'. Though, Eleanor was clearly refusing to drink it until he sat down, which he reluctantly did. But even he couldn't hide the relief of having some pressure taken from his body.