[4] Thomas!

Alex's POV

A loud static sound makes me jump from my dream. "It's adoption day! Get ready! Look nice and good luck to everyone!" Mrs. Moyer shouts into the intercom before turning it off. A loud groan leaves my lips as I sit up. A small smirk comes across my lips as I remember Mrs. Moyer telling me not to come today. I sit up and go over to my drawers. I look through then grin seeing the perfect outfit.

 I look through then grin seeing the perfect outfit

After changing out of my Pjs I put on my outfit. I put on some dark make up and grin looking in the mirror.

 I put on some dark make up and grin looking in the mirror

"She is going to be ticked." I mumble before walking out of my room and down the steps. The room is PACKED with people. Everyone looks at me and just stares. I start to get nervous but ignore it and slight wave. Mrs. Moyer glares at me but I won't let her get to me. I walk outside and sit down on the step. People walk last me as I stare at my hands. It starts to get a bit dark out and I sigh feeling no hope at all. I stand up and go to walk inside when a hand grips my wrist. I turn and look up staring into a pair of fimular brown eyes.

"Thomas! You came!" A smile crosses his lips as he pulls me into a hug. I freeze up a bit but melt into it soon after "Of course I came. I knew you weren't happy here." He mumbles. I smile feeling happy when a I feel a hard grip on my wrist pulling me away from Thomas. "What the hell are you doing to this poor man!? Huh!?" Mrs. Moyer yells at me then a hard smack across my cheek sends me to the ground. I cry out landing on my foot wrong. "Hey! Leave her alone!" Thomas shouts and moves Mrs. Moyer away from me. "S-Sir-" Thomas whips his head up and glares "No. I am adopting her now and there is nothing you can do about it." He says ripping the paper from Mrs. Moyer's hands and signing his name. "Can you stand?" I nod and stand up slightly wincing at the pain in my ankle. I lead him to my room and we pack my stuff. I grab my stuffed rabbit and skateboard while Thomas grabs my bag. We walk down the steps together and Mrs. Moyer turns to us "Your actually taking her with you?" Thomas nods "Yes. I am. Alex doesn't deserve to be with people like you." He says before taking my hand and pulling me outside.

We get to his car and Thomas opens the passenger side door for me to get in. I get in with a bit of help holding onto my stuffie for dear life. Thomas slams his door shut and starts to drive. We stop in a parking lot and he puts his head against the steering wheel. I gently put a hand on his shoulder causing him to look up at me. My eyes widen in shock "Why are you crying?" I ask confused. He wipes his eyes "N-Nobody deserves to be treated like that. Nobody." Thomas says then holds my hand "Alex. I know it might take a while for you to trust me but I want you to know that I will not let anybody hurt you. Your my daughter now and nobody can change that." Thomas says with a serious face. "R-Really?"I ask my eyes clouding up causing a single tear to roll down my cheek. Thoams nods and rubs my knuckles before letting go and drives off. I close my eyes listening to the radio and soon after I fall into a deep sleep.