New Years | Chapter 44

It was New Years Eve and Daddy had to go out for a few hours to pick some stuff up, He didn't really tell me what they were and when he had left me I was too tired to bother asking. I guess I would see when he got home.

Before he had left Daddy had asked me to get myself dressed and ready to leave. He asked ,e to make sure I look nice and I told him I could do that. I wanted to prove to him I could be a big boy and take care of myself from time to time even if it wasn't something I wanted to do.

Well Daddy was gone I did a little bit of clean before going upstairs to take a shower. I hope Daddy would notice and be proud of me. He always tells me not to help him clean because I'm too little but he does so much I should help.

I got myself dressed in a pair of black jeans and a black button up shirt that I rolled the shelves up on slightly to show my tattoos over a bit. I fixed my hair up a bit before going back downstairs, sprawling out on the couch as I wait for Daddy to finally come home. I think he thought the tasks he had given me would of taken me longer that way I wouldn't be waiting for him like I am now.

Not long after I heard the keys rattling in the lock as he made his way inside. I peaked up above the couch, glancing at him with big eyes just waiting for him to come around the corner and see me. I was hoping I would see so much happiness and pride in his eyes when he finally saw all I had done today.

When Daddy finally came around the corner and saw me he looked so over joyed which made laugh with a giant smile plastered on my face. I got up and walked over to him and he opened his arms, letting me all but jump into his arms."You did very good today baby." He mumble against the top of my head as he gave it a kiss. "But you know you don't have to clean. I don't want to see you get hurt."

I let out a huff and pouted looking up at him. "I help. I help." I repeated, reaching up and poking his nose for emphasis. "I'z wanna helps yew." I told him him, feeling myself becoming smaller and smaller in his arms.

Daddy smiled at me, pulling my hand away from his face and taking into his gentle grasp. He pulled my hand up to his mouth and kissed the inner part of my wrist which before resting it back by his jaw and it made me giggle. "I know you want to help but I got to take care of you. It's what I'm here for." He told me which made me smile. "Now are you ready to go?"

I nodded my head, looking up at him with the biggest smile. "I'm ready to go." I told him, trying to bring myself into a more adult head space. He didn't have to tell me we were going to a nice place I could already tell based on how he asked me to dress.

I slipped on my coat and shoes, telling him I could do it myself as I wanted to feel like a big boy for the moment. Chris didn't argue with me as he saw that as what I was doing. I know he wouldn't push me to be big. He didn't care if I was or not when we were out but tonight I wanted to have a more adult time with him.

Once we were in the car we made simple small talk and Chris denied to give me any answers or give hints on where he was taking me. He had my hand in his, resting them on the console between us.

The ride wasn't long and when we pulled up to the nice looking restaurant I felt my eyes go wide, never having gone to a place as fancy as this. I knew Chris could afford this obviously on his pay grade yet this is the first time we've gone somewhere so nice. "Wow." I mumble with a sound of disbelief in my voice as I took in the outside of the restaurant.

Chris chuckled with my hand still in his, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I thought you deserved a nice night out." He said to me, placing a hand under my chin and turning my head towards him before giving me a quick kiss.

He got out of the car and I quickly followed. Chris stopped at the front of the car, waiting for me to catch up to him. Once I was close enough he reached out his hand and I grasped it in mine as we started walking towards the restaurant.

Once we got inside I stood behind Chris, letting him talk to the host. I was shocked to hear he had made a reservation. It meant he had put some thought into this which just made my face light up. Part of me felt like he was just throwing all of this together on the way here which didn't bother me, this just showed me how much he really cared.

We were seated in a secluded looking area, there were blue string lights hanging from grates in the ceiling that added to the dim, intimate lighting it had. I took a seat across from Chris and he had my hand in his again, resting it on top of the table between between us.

I couldn't stop smiling which was having the same effect on Chris. With the hand that wasn't holding my he brought it up to my face, brushing his fingers along my cheekbones in a gentle movement. "I'm so happy to see you smiling this much. I know I work a lot and I'm not always around for you but these last few weeks I've had off make me wish that wasn't the case. All I want is to always see you like this."

"I know you have to work, that's why I'm enjoying this time as much as I can till it changes. You just make me so happy." I told him and his smile grew even bigger then I ever imagine possible.

His eyes went somewhat wide in what looked like surprised before his face rested again. "You know I don't normal see you out of little space. It's not a bad thing don't take it that way I'm just adjusting to it."

I let my hold on his hand tighten for a second, letting him know it was okay before I let the conversation move onto a different topic. We order our food and I tried my best to do it myself, even though I knew I didn't have to do it myself I felt the need to. To my surprised the waiter understood me even with how I stammer when I spoke.

Once the waiter left Chris squeezed my hand to get my attention back to him. "You know I could of order for you, I don't like seeing how upset that made you." He told me, trying his best to keep me calm.

I gave him a soft smile, feeling comforted in his offer. I knew that he felt that way but at the same time I could tell he was proud of me for doing it. "I know you would of but I thought I could at least try to do it for myself just this once." I told him, giving him a reassuring smile to the best of my ability as I let the thoughts that this topic filled my mind with start to vanish.

Chris let out a chuckle, shaking his head. "You know I was going to wait till after we ate but if I do that I know I'm not going to be able to act like myself till then. Ya it's New Years Eve and I wanted to take you out regardless but I wanted to give this night a different meaning." He reached into his pocket, giving us a moment of silence before he laid a simple black box with a purple ribbon on it in front of me. "I know you already moved in with me but I don't think that's ever felt as official as it could."

I lifted up the lid of the box as he finished speaking and my face lite up when I saw inside was a house key. When I moved in with him it was more based on assumptions, he never asked me and now I feel more welcomed then I could ever dreamed I could. "Thank you Chris." I said to him, my face just beaming. "I know I already live with you but this just makes me feel like I belong there even more then before."

Chris smiled, taking my face in his, pulling it closer to him. The table we were at wasn't big and with his height being somewhat taller then me he was easily able to reach to give me a small peak. "That's all that matters to me." He mumble well I was still close to him and the smile on my face stayed plastered in it's place.