1. Goodbye

Everything started as usual. I woke up and I got dressed, taking a look at the mirror. Cool.

I was 16 going on 17 in November and my parents told me we were moving. I really loved England I didn't want to move, all my friends, well, al least, my two friends lived here. Everything was a mess.

"But mum, do we really have to do this now?" I asked her tired.

"Yes sweetheart, I'm sorry, but your dad is getting his new job there" she replied knowing I know the answer.

"Okay" I finally said. "I'm gonna call Ashton and we'll spend the day together".

"Fair enough, your last day here" she said hugging me.

I took my phone and I rang him.

Beep, beep, bee-

"Oh, hey?" a sleepy voice said through the speaker.

"Morning lazy", a little smile was shown in me.

"Uh, good morning Megan, what are tou doing awake this early in the morning?"

"Well, remember tomorrow I'm leaving, and it's not that early boy, it's already ten o'clock" I laughted.

"Okay, okay" he finally said, "anyway, what's the plan? We were going out today, right?"

"Yep" I said happily.

"Right, I'll pick you at twelve, okay?"

"Okay, see you Ash"

*****

I heard the doorbell and I ran to the door to find out my best friend, Ashton, standing there.

"You ready?" he said.

"Yes, just wait a moment, I forgot a thing upstairs"

I ran upstairs to collect my phone and to get a jacket.

"Oh, morning Mrs. Thorne" I heard Ash said to my mum.

"Hello Ashton, nice to have you here today, I knew Megan wasn't going to keep home the last day" they laughted.

I walked downstairs and gave my mum a peck on her cheek.

"Okay mum bye, see you later" she waved me.

I closed the door and started walking besides Ashton. Silence was all we could hear.

Once we arrived to a park we used to play at when we were childs, he said "I can't believe you're leaving" without looking at me.

"Yah, I can't either", I looked around trying to keep all that was familiar closer.

"I don't want you to leave" he said after some minutes.

"I don't want to leave" I said feeling my eyes watered.

Then he hugged me from the side. He was my best friend since always. And now I was going to move to another country. Far away. All I could fell was pain.

*****

We spent the day together doing silly stuff we enjoyed to do with the other. It was perfect. But it had an end.

When he walked me home, he gave me the longest hug ever and ho told me "don't forget me please".

"I won't".

I entered home as I could hear his footsteps walking away.

"Mum, I'm home".

"Hi honey, have you got everything ready for tomorrow?"

"Yes" I said sad.

*****

We were now at tha airport. This was my first time on a plane, I was clearly scared.

But we all have to be brave.

It was damn long the travel. I though it would never end.

We got out of the airport to catch a taxi to our new house. It was pretty comfortable to touch the ground again.

We had some new furniture in the house, and I loved the wooden floor.

I was so jetlagged, so I went to sleep, I had school tomorrow. A new school, no friends, half of semester. Sounded great. Everything was cool.