Chapter 6 - I Don't Care

Brandon Lemiere

"Brandon Lemiere." I looked up to see Raphael and smiled. I got up from my seat and walked towards him. I shook his hand and hugged him briefly.

"Hey how are you?" I asked.

"Good. You?"

"Great. So what brings you here?"

"Come here to offer you a place for T I L E in China." He said and that got me interested.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked and he started to explain about the expand. I mean we can expand it by ourselves but it's good to be with a partner. We will have a wider connection even though we already have one.

I walked to my desk and call Priscilla to come to my office. She needs to note this. She came in and she looked at Raphael with this weird expression and I turned to Raphael and he's smirking.

"Note this and I want you to write the contract." I said and Priscilla sat across me.

"Yes, Mr. Lemiere."

"It's rude when you don't greet someone you know, Ms. Cason." Raphael said and I raised my eyebrows.

"You two know each other?" I asked.

"No, Mr. Lemiere. I don't know him." Priscilla answered withou looking at me nor Raphael.

"You wound my heart, Priscilla. We went on a date 2 days ago." What?! A date?!

"A date? You're hitting on my secretary? Dude.. There are a lot of better girls out there." I laughed dryly.

"No one as interesting as Priscilla." Raphael said and he's completely fucking whip.

"You crazy?"

"I'm here. This is work place in case you two forgot. Talk about girls outside the building." Priscilla said coldly without looking at us.

"Roger that, beautiful." Raphael said and I rolled my eyes. We're back to talking about work and when we're finish, Priscilla got up from her seat.

"I will finish the contract by tonight. Do you still need anything?" She asked looking at us both with her cold eyes.

"I hurt my arm this morning. Can you check it?" Raphael said and we all know that he's just making excuses for Priscilla to touch him. I turned to her and found her smiling widely. She put her notes down and walked towards Raphael. She sat beside him and checked his arm when suddenly he groaned in pain.

That made me smile and chuckle. Priscilla looked at him evily and pinched his arm making him completely in pain. She turned to me smiling widely and my eyes widen. I gulped and looked away. What was that?

"It's nothing, Mr. Solemn. You're fine." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Go.. You're hurting our partner." I said gesturing her to get out. She walked out in a split second.

"She's cute."

"Cute my ass.." I said as I looked at the ground.

"She likes Chris.. but I'm going to take her heart away." My eyes widen when Raphael said that.

"Chris? Christian?"

"Yeah.. Hastington."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"You need to see her when she's with Christian. She's damn cute.. 180 degrees different." That made me a little bit curious.

"Interesting.." That came out from my mouth unconsiously.

"She is.. Bare with me if I come here often okay?"

"Meet her outside! Why here?"

"She's a little bit difficult." I scowled and rolled my eyes.

"Find another girl."

"Nope, I like her." He said as he got up from his seat. He patted my shoulder.

"See you later."

"Yeah.. Bye." I said and he walked out from my office. I took a deep breath and leaned back to the sofa. I looked up to the ceiling and tried to fix my heartbeat. I swear.. I was striked by a lightning.

"Mr. Lemiere, you hav-" That made me jump and hit the lamp.. no no.. the hot light bulb. I groaned in pain.

"Are you okay?" Priscilla held my hand and I felt weird.

"I'm fine." I said as I took my hand away from her grip. I looked at the burn and cursed myself for being so clumsy.

"Why didn't you knock ea-"

"I did." She said as she took out a bandage from her pocket. She put it on me.

"What do you need?"

"You have a meeting at Mr. Cesantio's place along with Mr. Hastington." She said.

"Okay." I said as I stood up.

"I will tell the chauffer to get your car ready." She said and I nodded.

"You can go." I said and she excused herself out. Suddenly I remembered Raphael's words about her liking Christian. Really? Does she really like him? I raised my eyebrows and my eyes landed on the bandage.

Why should I care? I don't care if she likes him or not. I don't want to know either.

Ha.. ha.. ha.. Why would I care? Right?

I took my phone and wallet, I walked out from my office and Priscilla followed me. That's her job as secretary, she needs to follow me around. We got into the lift and I cursed myself for letting these questions from my mouth.

"You had a date with Raphael? Why?"

"That's my private life, Mr. Lemiere. It's my privacy and we're currently on work hours." She said and I let out a cold scoffed.

"Privacy my ass." I hissed loudly.

"Mr. Lemiere, I want to excuse myself after this meeting."

"For what?"

"Private reasons." She answered and I bet in the future.. that answer will be the answer that I hate the most.

"A date with Raphael? You don't need to say it as a pr-"

"It has nothing to do with Mr. Solemn." She cut me with a hint of piss tone.

"Whatever. I don't care." I said.

Of course, I don't care. I don't care.. about anything.