Hidden Affection (TordMatt)

for NOT-THE-FACE

future au

You can probably tell I'm so done with titles ;)

-----

Matt tossed and turned around the bed, unable to catch any sleep. He sighed and stood up, he rubbed his hands on his face, he'd been locked inside that room for hours, he desperately wanted to do something else than stare at the wall trying to get sleep.

He heads for the door, as he opens it, Paul greets him outside. He sighed.

"Just let me go out for a while, please." he frowned.

"I'm sorry, but-"

"I know, I know." he groaned. "Tord told you not to let me get out."

"I'm just following orders." Paul replied.

"And I'm just rotting in that room." the ginger crossed his arms.

"Just stay inside, you know it's for the better if you don't make him angry." he said.

Matt dropped his hands, "I'm sick and tired of this place." he walked back in his room.

"It's a bit of a risky mission." Paul wiped the rifle in his hands. "It's not even sure if he'd get back."

"That's what worries me more." he rubbed his arms.

Paul glances at him, he slings his rifle over his shoulder.

"So you actually care about him, huh?" he raised an eyebrow.

Matt raises his head to look at him.

"It's just... Thinking that he forced you into marriage, I thought you'd..." he shrugs. "You know."

The ginger stares at his feet, he closes his eyes, and sighed.

"He's still my husband." he said. "Forced or not, it changes nothing, I'm not a monster."

"I'm sorry." he apologized.

"It's fine." he smiled. "I'm just hoping he'd still get back."

He closes the door shut and leans his back against it. He groaned, sliding down to the floor and rests his head on his knees. He stares at the floor, he sniffs, he could feel his eyes water.

"No." he said to himself and wiped away his tears, he wasn't going to waste another day away crying.

His last few minutes with his friends flashed through his mind. He could remember each word they said, every beat of his heart, and every drop of his tears.

"Marry me, Matt."

Matt shivered, he suddenly felt cold. He walks over to his bed and plops down, he cover himself with a blanket, trying to comfort himself.

"Don't do it!" Edd screamed.

"Don't listen to him, Matt!" Tom yelled.

Tord walks in circles around him, a smirk plastered across his face.

"You have two choices." he stops in front of him. "Marry me and let them live, or, decline and have a front row seat of their demise."